Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons

/ Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #1  

rudiface

Tractor
craftsman
I am in the process of buying an acreage tractor and have narrowed the choice down to Kubota/John Deere. Does anyone have any experience with either one they would like to share. The attachments I,m looking at are a mower, a loader and a snow blower. Any advice/cautions would be appreciated
Harry:)

/ Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #4  
:welcome: to TBN! I have some experience on a Kubota BX24 and a new John Deere 1023E along with several 2210's.

In my experience i really liked how the Deere preformed, they are smooth, the controls are in comfortable positions, and the loader on the H120 loader is a little simpler to attach to the deere. You also have the benefits of the drive over deck and foldable ROPS, neither of which are offered on the BX2360. They both will be excellent tractors but IMHO I would get the Deere. Have you looked at the 1026R? I have read it is around $1500 more which offers many more features and a deluxe seat which would make long afternoons on the tractor that much more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #6  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum.

/ Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #7  
:welcome: to TBN! I have some experience on a Kubota BX24 and a new John Deere 1023E along with several 2210's.

In my experience i really liked how the Deere preformed, they are smooth, the controls are in comfortable positions, and the loader on the H120 loader is a little simpler to attach to the deere. You also have the benefits of the drive over deck and foldable ROPS, neither of which are offered on the BX2360. They both will be excellent tractors but IMHO I would get the Deere. Have you looked at the 1026R? I have read it is around $1500 more which offers many more features and a deluxe seat which would make long afternoons on the tractor that much more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

I have nothing more to add than this right here:thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #8  
Can't argue with Johndeere3720. We are on our second BX, a 2660 and we really like it as we did our 2200. They are great little tractors, but if I was in the market now, someone would have to talk me out of getting a JD1026R.

The BX hangs on to the exposed HST fan as well as quarter inching 3PH, they really need to upgrade this model like JD did from the 2305 which we also have.

/ Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #9  
and the loader on the H120 loader is a little simpler to attach to the deere.
A question...

Background: I have a BX1860, which has essentially the same loader setup as the BX2360. I have never even seen a JD 1023E.

I can attach the FEL to my BX1860 in about 90 seconds -- and that includes first pulling on a pair of latex exam gloves to I don't get a drop of hydraulic fluid or any pin grease on my hands. :laughing:

I don't consider having to attach or detach the FEL from my BX as inconvenient in any way -- it is so easy. When my neighbor stops over and asks if I can help out moving some bulk material using my tractor and loader, it matters not whether the FEL is currently attached or not. There are two pins and 4 QD hydraulic couplers to deal with.

So on to my question -- what is different/better about the JD 1023E/H120 setup that makes it "simpler" to attach? All kidding aside, unless the JD comes with a full-time butler who attaches/detaches the FEL whenever you wave your hand, I can't see how it could be "simpler". Help me understand.

Wrooster

DSCN5884.JPG

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX2360 - John Deer 1023E Tractor Comparisons #10  
I can take my loader off a lot quicker than this video, but it gives you a general idea. It would not be a deal breaker, but the MMM is much easier also and of course there is the exposed fan and quarter inching 3PH.