Nothing American

/ Nothing American #1  

Sweethavens

I have to admit I was amazed to learn that nearly every tractor in America is now made in Asia. From what I've read, it seems that the big three are all having engines or entire units made over there. Here's my question: I went to this site: www.kioti-tractors.com and found another Asian mfg. What advice can I get on this brand. I'm looking for a 30 hp unit with fel and rfm. This dealer will ship anywhere and his prices are all reduced. He even profides a comparison chart with the other big brands. I don't want to quickly admit I'm impressed, but I'm new to tractors and I'm looking to get one soon. My local Kubota dealer is a thief (I've heard it many times) and the blue dealer is pretty good. Buying a Kioti with no local dealer seems to be risky. How about some learned opinions? Thank you.

/ Nothing American #2  
I have had my Kioti DK 35 for just over a year now (around 120 hours).
I am very happy with this tractor.
In my area(western Pa.) the big 3 tractors were much much higher in price for the same same size machine with the same features.
So I went with Kioti and have no regrets.

/ Nothing American #3  
Sweethavens
Here's my 2 cents. Charlie at Binghamton New Holland is a great guy and New Holland makes a nice tractor. Have you considered Century tractors. Not only are they an excellent value with top of the line quality and features, they look great too. You have a local dealer in Nichols "Middendorf Tractor." Don't take my word for it take a look in the "other brands" discussion area. I think you will be very surprized. As for the long distance purchase (Kioti) First decide if the Kioti is what you want. (they to make a nice tractor as well) Then decide if you can do all the service on it yourself. You already said you do not think much of the Local dealer. Because when it needs service (sooner or later it will) if you don't do it that's were you need to go for it as well as for parts. Have you figured in the freight cost on the Kioti?
Good luck
Chipperman
PS: here is the link Century

/ Nothing American #4  
You might want to try John S. Blazey's for Kubota's up here near Rochester. A buddy of mine just got a B2710 with FEL, 72"MMM, and R4's for $18400 After sales tax! That was the same price he got over the internet. I have had good luck on my parts for the service on mine. Seem to be straight shooters and no BS. They were $4000 less the the other close dealer! Might be worth the call or a drive up.

/ Nothing American #5  
Buying from a distant discount dealer is not exclusive to Kioti, it's how I bought my first Kubota. You will pay about $1.00 or more in freight, handling and insurance. Expect to pay taxes. If by "thief" you mean your Kubota dealer is asking more for a tractor then you want to pay, try another dealer. Kubotas are popular right now with the introduction of the L30 series this year and with good reason, they are FANTASTIC. JD's and NH's also offer some great products too. Kioti looks like a very well built tractor, just doesn't offer a model I want or it would have been a consideration. Rat...

/ Nothing American #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You will pay about $1.00 or more in freight, handling and insurance )</font>

I think RaT meant $1.00+ per loaded mile more.

Good dealer is important. I think all Korean made CUTs are competitive with their Japanese counterparts. Test drive as many as possible - that's the fun in buying a tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Mark

/ Nothing American #7  
First, there is a kioti dealer in your area - I think in Candor or something not too far away, but his prices were a little higher. I would strongly encourage you to have a local dealer to provide service. Lots of tractors come home brand new with one or two little problems - hate to see it turn into a real hassle with no local dealer to call on for help. Another major issue is determining your needs before settling on a tractor. For one thing, Kioti has limited offerings with hydro trans or mid mount PTO....so if you need either of those, kioti might not be for you...

/ Nothing American #8  
Kioti, Branson and Century and some Mahindra are all Korean and seem to be as good as the big 3 brands of imports. I recommend finding a dealer close to you and checking them all out. There are differences in operation, transmissions, control layout, etc that you need to check out before you make a substantial investment in one. You might also find some attachments you cannot live without /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif A quick detach loader is a wonderful backsaver.

/ Nothing American #9  
Find some dealers you like that are close enough (within 50 miles or so is not too bad) and DRIVE 'EM. Then you can ask some more questions here and you'll not only be confident in your decision but also you WILL (if you listen and learn, as I did) make the right decision for YOU.

/ Nothing American
I'd like to hedge on the usuage of "thief" on the orange dealer. The advice I had gotten from two different sources suggested that it's very costly to have something there repaired. You may understand this kind of remark. I don't know of his actual pricing deals but I shouldn't be so quick to repeat what someone accuses a dealer of because it's not fair.

Nonetheless, I am very impressed with the friendliness of this site and the sharing of advice. My poor remarks about a local dealer should not have been shared with you good people who are above that kind of talk and I apologize for the comment. Thanks for all of your help.