Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?)

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?) #1  

Brandon S

Tractor
Allis Chalmers H-3
This is my first time buying a compact tractor, and wondering if I'm getting a good deal. The tractor is a 2000 with 300 hours on it. Its a Jinma 284 with a Koyker 160 loader. For just the tractor and loader I'm looking at 5,900.00. The guy has some attachment for it too and if I want the package deal it is 8,500.00 and would then come with a brush hog, 5 ft tiller, and 3pt snowblower. All the attachement are Buhler brand and appear in really good shape and quality. I am thinking of going with the package deal. Anythoughts on if it is a good deal or not?

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?) #2  
It sounds in a little high to me but if it's in good shape might be alright, check new prices first so you have a frame of reference. This brand of tractor is totally dependant on the service and parts that are available in your area. I wouldn't buy one where I am because I would have to get parts from who know's where.

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?) #3  
The price for the tractor and loader is a good one. I bought the same package new in 2003 for $9500. He seems a little high on the other items but all in all it seems fair.

I would offer $8000 cash and take it home.

If you buy come over to the Chinese tractor section on this site and we can lead through operation and maintenance items.

Chris

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?)
Thanks for the insight guys. $8,000 is what I was thinking too. Hopefully it all goes well. I'm told I can get parts for it from Northern Tool, and we have one of those in town here. I'm used to working on dozers but I'm hoping this one won't be to tough to figure out if something goes wrong. Also I've never used a 3pt snow blower, I will have a lot of snow to move in the winter and the idea of not using my walk behind sounds great, just not sure how well they function.

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?) #5  
Not trying to bash Chinese tractors .Because, members here have them.. But, things break on these tractors that shouldn't break with low hrs. due to poor metal quality...Some seem to have good luck,,,Some don't

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?) #6  
well maybe 3yrs ago:laughing:, Chinese tractor is making progress:). As far as i know, Jinma is working with mahindra now. guess the quality is good.
Not trying to bash Chinese tractors .Because, members here have them.. But, things break on these tractors that shouldn't break with low hrs. due to poor metal quality...Some seem to have good luck,,,Some don't

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?) #7  
If / when they get the metal hardening process right & their tolerances as far as Machine work, etc,etc, correct they will be better.. I remember saying the same thing about Japanese products back in the 60's. Now days , if you can get Japanese products, you get quality products

/ Buying a Jinma 284 (good deal?) #8  
We considered a Jinma when we bought our first tractor last year. The price was very good. We changed our minds when we researched forums, etc. and found people tended to have more problems with them than the Japanese, Indian (Mahindra), Korean (Kioti), American, etc.