Help ID this identity-confused machine!

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #1  

avc8130

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
I found this machine for sale locally, but we can't identify it before going to look at it. Anyone recognize it? The paint scheme is JD, but we are pretty sure it is NOT a JD. I see a lot of blue hiding, that makes me thing Ford or NH? Seller says it is a 3 cyl diesel and 4wd.

Thanks!

jd2 | Flickr - Berbagi Foto!

jd1 | Flickr - Berbagi Foto!

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #2  
John Deere 445 was a garden tractor 2cyl gas and that it not it.
It is not a John Deere, but I don't know what it really is.
Should be an ID plate of some sort somewhere on it.

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #3  
I thought it was a mid-1980s Ford...but they don't have headlamps mounted that low.

If you do a search for "Deere 445", you'll see it's not a Deere 445...at least, not one marketed in the US.

Seems like an awful lot of work to bootleg a Deere tractor though...what are they asking for it?

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #4  
It may be a perfectly fine tractor but I would be leary of dealing with this seller, deceit can run deep, may have bananas in the case too. I find it is better to steer clear of dishonest people and would look somewhere else.

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #5  
Reminds me of a MT series Mitsubishi, but the fenders aren't right. Whatever it is it's probably a good tractor, just a shame someone has seen fit to try to defraud just to makelan extra buck.

Ken

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine!
It may be a perfectly fine tractor but I would be leary of dealing with this seller, deceit can run deep, may have bananas in the case too. I find it is better to steer clear of dishonest people and would look somewhere else.

The seller is NOT being dishonest. He came right out and said it is NOT a JD. He is also not the one that did the paint job. He got the tractor from a guy as payment for a job and is trying to turn it into cash. Price is VERY cheap, so if I can figure out what it is, and if there are parts available for it, it might be worth it.

ac

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #7  
The seller is NOT being dishonest. He came right out and said it is NOT a JD. He is also not the one that did the paint job. He got the tractor from a guy as payment for a job and is trying to turn it into cash. Price is VERY cheap, so if I can figure out what it is, and if there are parts available for it, it might be worth it.

ac

You could look at the engine and transmission. Frequently, the castings will be embossed with the manufacturers' name. Also, there should be a manufacturer's ID plate somewhere (this would list the manufacturer, model number, serial number, etc.).
I'm going to guess that machine was built in the 1970's or 1980's, based upon the design. No matter who built it, parts might be a hassle...

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #8  
What about some kind of Belarus? They came in blue and red, if I remember right, and had low sitting lights in the front grill.

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #9  
whats the price on this mystery machine, 3 cylinder diesel, loader, 4x4..

/ Help ID this identity-confused machine! #10  
It may be a gray market Mitsubishi. It has a general resemblance to the tractor below with the low mounted lights.

ServeImage.aspx