Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20S HST and Gravely walk-behind (2 wheel tractor - 700 lbs.).

Default Re: Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti?

Thanks for all the feedback... it's good to not just be ruminatin' about it in your own head.

Consensus seems positive , and I also knew that tractors are not sold by "year", but the more-than-two-years since manufacture put me off a little. A complicating factor is that the dealer is 120 miles away, and having no trailer nor truck, it'll be difficult to get it back and forth (not impossible, but I have to figure the best way to solve that issue). No closer dealer for this model, and the Bobcats are quite a bit higher here between their and Bobcats current "specials".

Also, no one has identified any key things that have been changed since that model year... though I wondered if they'd made a mod to the transmission valve or something similar, to improve the "sluggishness" in high gear. Probably a non-issue anyway, since we're using this on a small property, and it'll likely be in low gear all of its life.

Thanks, and keep any comments coming. It's great to have some "tractor backup."
    -Mitch

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

I bought mine after it sat on the lot for awhile. It had 5 hours on it and I had the dealer change the accordian that is under the seat and gave me a grand off plus filters.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

I bought mine last year is a 2009 model. Did some checking with Bobcat and found it was built Sept. 2008. Daedong starts building the next model year in the Fall. With dealer incentive to sell aged inventory, I paid couple hundred less for the 225/CK27 than they wanted for a 2011 CT122/CK20. If the dealer has it at lower price than a 2012 year model, go for it. If the seat shows cracks from the sun, work a new seat inot the deal. A little bit of wax, possibly some rubbing compound and the metal will shine like a new one.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Mitch,

My DK50se was 6-8 months at least old with 6 hours of "trade show" driving on it when I bought it in August.

I got it at the Old "pre April 2011 price increase" and it is awesome.

I think I'm at 68 or 69 hours now.

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor

Thanks to all again for the feedback and your personal experience... It feels like having a bunch of rural neighbors to ask. (I have a bunch of great neighbors here too where I live! )

So, I committed to purchase the tractor. The dealer was really stellar in listening to my concerns and working with me to address them, and he made me a very fair deal as well. I felt like I'm getting not only a good tractor, but also a trustworthy dealer. Plan is for tractor to be delivered this coming Wednesday... I'll be sure to post pics!

-Mitch

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti LK3054 - 1999

Seems like one concern could be resale. You may have to explain the whole thing to the buyer and hope they get it. Hours on the machine are much more of a concern than year but people look at the latter as well and you are talking 3 years.

I am not sure about this but since tractors have been getting more bells and whistles than they had in the past, maybe people are getting more concerned about the year model???
    1999 Kioti LK3054 with KL122 loader, Howse 5' box blade, Howse 5' brush hog, 7' scraper, & calcium loaded R1 tires. Over 200 hours. Our first tractor, purchased March 2011 - my grown son and I share it.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

you can always buy a new tractor thats been on the lot for 6 months or longer cheaper than 1 that just got on the lot a week ago.an alot depends on how bad the dealer wants to sale a tractor.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by bigbull338 View Post
    you can always buy a new tractor thats been on the lot for 6 months or longer cheaper than 1 that just got on the lot a week ago.an alot depends on how bad the dealer wants to sale a tractor.
    ...And, on how bad the buyer wants to buy that tractor!

But that's sure a good point Bigbull! In the end, it's great to be in a "I can take-it-or-leave-it" position, since you can just make an offer to your liking, and walk if the answer is no.

In the end, I feel like I got a reasonable price & terms (not a steal, but fair to both parties). I think dealer feels the same. I also feel like I ended up with a good dealer relationship, and got to deal with someone who I feel good buying from (I know that to some folks, that last point doesn't make a difference, but to me it does).

So, moving on to "celebration mode" ... new tractor should arrive Wednesday. I'm going to take at least a few hours off from work while dealer shows me all the details and ins-and-outs of my new tool... and then hopefully will have some time to do a "chore" or two before the weekend!
    -Mitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12