Buying Advice Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti?

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #1  

PatasColo

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20S HST and Gravely walk-behind (2 wheel tractor - 700 lbs.).
So, I'm considering a different tractor than the one from last month (another story, will elaborate later).

Dealer has quoted me on Kioti CK20S HST with FEL and BH. Being sold as new. In response to a query on year and hours, dealer just wrote me:
The tractor S/N JS3000375 indicates this unit was build in late 2009. Some time these units don't even get on the dealers lot until the following year.
It has 7 hours on it. The tractor has never been off the lot except for shows and fairs and carries Kioti complete warranty.

Question: Does this sound right? Should this be treated as if new? Part of my concern is that it has likely been sitting outside for two years already, and I know that plastic and paint get weather-worn, as well as hoses, and aging rubber gaskets, etc. (Maybe I'm just worrying too much, but when you spend this much, it makes you think.)

I'd be interested in hearing from dealers (to know if this sounds right/normal), as well as any other comments.
TIA -Mitch

P.S. Also, "fixes" to this model since 2009 will also not be there. I've heard there was a change to make it operate less sluggishly in high gear, etc. Any Kioti-specific comments welcome as well.

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #2  
I have a 2008 Kioti CK35 HST. It is my understanding that tractors are not sold "by year". From when they are made, get to the dealer and then sold could be a year or two and then sold as new, which they are. Some do sit on the dealers lot for a year or two, not that unusual. Good luck with your search. Should mention I have been really happy with my Kioti, took 6 months of looking at other makes and then found Kioti, very nice, heavy and well built. Have 363 hours on mine now. The 2009 model should be a bit better priced than say a 2011 or 2012 as I'm sure they would like to move it off the lot. Perhaps get them to throw in the 50 hour service in the price. :)

Attachments

• Hottub 007.jpg
    Hottub 007.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 244
  • BackBoxBlade 004.jpg
    BackBoxBlade 004.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Snow2011 004.jpg
    Snow2011 004.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 226
  • AugerWaterBug 008.jpg
    AugerWaterBug 008.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 190
   / Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #3  
So if he quotes you on a different machine, does that change the price, this can't be the only CK20 he has and if it is, a new order of them must be on the way. A 1 or 2 year old tractor that has 100 hours on it is only going to save you a thousand or so, that's why I decided just to buy new. I'd say if you're saving some money, go for it, 7 hours is still new and it's still got a full warranty. If it's the same price as a new machine, made in 2011/12 with 1-4 hours on it, that's what I would do, only for the paint fade issue, and only because I keep mine inside. If it's going to be an outside machine anyway, what's the difference?

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #4  
The big question I would ask......is it full warranty from date of purchase?? And, any discount for a "leftover" model.....beat em up!
If so, then it'd be a "go".....

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #5  
You have obviously been shopping around and comparing tractors and pricing.
If the price is right then it can be a good deal. The age would not bother me.
The Kioti is a good tractor with a lot of features. If I had a dealer near me I would definitely own one.

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #6  
The big question I would ask......is it full warranty from date of purchase?? And, any discount for a "leftover" model.....beat em up!
If so, then it'd be a "go".....

It's new so would have the 4 year warranty. :thumbsup:
As it is a 2009 I would expect a bit of a discount or something thrown it to sweeten the deal, 50 hour service? I'm sure they would like to move it off their lot.

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #7  
Tractors are not sold by year so it's possible to find a fresh, new tractor that's been sitting around on a dealer's lot for up to 24 months. If it has only 7 hours on it and the full warranty is still good, then go for it. Just make sure that everything works OK and that there are no critter nests under the hood (it happens).

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #8  
FYI
I bought a DEC 2008 -1 Kubota L5740 in Sept of 2011 it had .9 hrs and I got full warranty term and 0% /60 months.

I offered them what I wanted to pay for the tractor and the dealer got some "help" from Kubota to move it off his lot Also got all fluids and filters changed as part of the deal

Find out how old it is and make a offer

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #9  
If there were no mechanical changes, I wouldn't worry about anything but hours and condition.

/ Purchase question... "New Old Stock" Kioti? #10  
Sold as new.

If the manufacturing year is one or two years out, point that out as a price negotiation. You should be able to shave a thousand off with that argument.

Tractors are like any other piece of machinery; they last longer if they get used regularly because lubrication gets spread more evenly, and the rubber and seals need exercising to keep from getting brittle. If it's not getting at least 30 to 60 minutes of use per month, you're going to start seeing leaks. The only alternative is for the dealer to keep the tractor in the shipping "crate" until they need to replace the one on the "floor".