Comparison Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #21  
If it has a hole for it you can buy a block heater from the parts store for about 60 dollars

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #22  
I think I can get one that fits in the radiator hose. I wasn't sure if that would fix it since one of my friends suggested it might be low on compression. But, would it run really great and not burn any oil if the compression was low?

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #23  
That's beyond my level of expertise

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #24  
But I can tell you, my dump truck was the same way, took a couple minutes of cranking to get started cold. Ran great, but cold natured. Most of the Cummins motors had grid heaters in em, but for some reason mine didn't. I got one of those cheap block heaters from O'Reilly's or NAPA and it works great.

I never had any experience with the Yanmars. Will it not start cold or just takes a while to start?

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #25  
I'm late to this thread but these machines can be a lot of fun to work with and even tinker on. I have a Bobcat 331 and it has a few items that need to be addressed over the winter. Repair the leaking drive motor and repair or replace the x-change connection as it is worn bad. Other than that it has been great. The cab is nice since I use it a lot when it is cold or raining. It doesn't have AC but it does have heat and even with the windows open it isn't bad to operate in the cold as you just turn the heat up. Then you can still talk to the guys around you as needed.

Mine has an electronic hour meter/dash panel that is messing up and I can't always read the hours or trouble codes properly and I want to replace it but not bad enough to spend $900 for a new one. I would highly recommend one to someone over a 3pt back hoe. You can get used, open station units for around $10k and have a completely dedicated digging machine to play with and help out (every tractor owner needs a second machine for some reason or the other).

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #26  
Here is mine after fishing the front end of an old AMC out of one of our creeks.

2012-10-31_13-51-49_765.jpg2012-10-31_13-57-26_537.jpg

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #27  
I have a 1996 TB045 with the Yanmar thee cylinder engine. If the temperature drops below 50 degrees, it will not start. It will start with a shot of starting fluid, but the old timers around here say not to use it since the engine will eventually require it to start. It doesn't have glow plugs, but it does have a grid on the intake manifold that is supposed to preheat the intake air. Any ideas short of an engine rebuild?

" supposed to preheat " You seem to doubt that it works ?
If so then that that would probably be a good place to start - air pre-heat DOES work, at least when new it does (-:

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #28  
Hello,

I saw your posting online about the tb-035 tractor. My friend just got one of these and asked me to get the manual for him. Is there any way you could send me the documentation on this model of tractor?

Thank you in advance,

Mike @ Drinnan Computers

drinnancomputers.com

I felt compelled to share my experience with the Takeuchi Mfg. Co.

As, as a cynic, I was shocked and amazed at what occurred.

Yesterday, I bought a very abused Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator with about 2900 hours on the meter. It was in rough shape so I got an affordable deal given that I'll do the repairs myself.

Today, at about 4:40 am, I sent an email to Takeuchi customer service inquiring about my machine's date of manufacture, some other minor questions, and, if any manuals were available.

Before 10am, David Steger (dsteger@takeuchi-us.com) had answered my questions and had emailed me the parts manual, the operator's manual and the COMPLETE SERVICE MANUAL!

About 600 pages of infinitely valuable information for FREE.

I have never owned a piece of Takeuchi's equipment before but I have had Ford, Long, Massey Ferguson, IH, Clark...

Never have any of those companies sent me the service manual free of charge.

So, my two points to be made are:

1) I'm very impressed with Takeuchi's costumer service. Especially considering that I was inquiring about a 14 year old machine.

2) If anyone needs these manuals, email Takeuchi, or me, and you will get them pronto.

ps: so far, I'm very impressed with this little TB035.

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #29  
Did you ever have to deal with any of the final drives. I found one with one of the final drives out. Can't seem to find any source for the internal parts for the drive. They all want to sell you a new one for 2700 and up.

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator
Luckily, we never had any final drive issues. Sorry that I'm no help with your situation.