Comparison Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #1  

Tractor OCD

Tractor
White 260
I felt compelled to share my experience with the Takeuchi Mfg. Co.

As, as a cynic, I was shocked and amazed at what occurred.

Yesterday, I bought a very abused Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator with about 2900 hours on the meter. It was in rough shape so I got an affordable deal given that I'll do the repairs myself.

Today, at about 4:40 am, I sent an email to Takeuchi customer service inquiring about my machine's date of manufacture, some other minor questions, and, if any manuals were available.

Before 10am, David Steger (dsteger@takeuchi-us.com) had answered my questions and had emailed me the parts manual, the operator's manual and the COMPLETE SERVICE MANUAL!

About 600 pages of infinitely valuable information for FREE.

I have never owned a piece of Takeuchi's equipment before but I have had Ford, Long, Massey Ferguson, IH, Clark...

Never have any of those companies sent me the service manual free of charge.

So, my two points to be made are:

1) I'm very impressed with Takeuchi's costumer service. Especially considering that I was inquiring about a 14 year old machine.

2) If anyone needs these manuals, email Takeuchi, or me, and you will get them pronto.

ps: so far, I'm very impressed with this little TB035.

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #2  
Sounds like they went above and beyond the call of duty. What will you be using the 35 for?

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #3  
Good to hear that kind of service still exists. Post some pictures of it if you can.

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator
I'll be using it for clearing some farm land, keeping up the ditches, moving some logs, maintaining roads, installing some plumbing and electric lines between buildings, a set of 55 gallon drum septic tanks for my hunting camper, burying bodies, etc...

I'll be installing a mechanical thumb as soon as I've brought it back up to grade. Up-grades will be the thumb and a clean-out bucket.

I'm afraid to post pictures as this thing is really ugly. However, in my aged experience, I've discovered that the more ugly the date, the better the dance :)

Na... I will post some pics as there may be others on the forum as appreciative as I am of working iron.

I did about an hour and a half of work with it before the cylinder let go. That little thing really is a work horse. Beats the crap out of a back hoe as far as speed and agility. It's hard to really appreciate it until you've just used a back hoe then gotten on an excavator. MUCH faster. For it's size it really moves the earth.

The price was fair and I've got some immediate uses for it. It's just another toy to the collection. No real need, just a want.

Thanks for the replies.

Pics: In her neglected, rusted and abused glory.

Attachments

• IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    578 KB · Views: 3,625
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    426.1 KB · Views: 2,618
   / Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #7  
Thanks for the pics. Some paint will make it look new, how is it mechanically?
I've always wanted one, have lots of uses for it on our farm but am hesitant to buy one because of all the problems that can be associated with a used machine. We are in the process of getting ready to lay 5000 ft of drainage tile but that will be completed by a trac-hoe.

/ Takeuchi TB035 Mini-Excavator #8  
I've owned two Takeuchi's and they are amazing.

I bought a used 025 and ran it hard for a couple years, sold it for what I paid for it and bought a new TB135 in '06. It now has 3300 hours on it and I'm looking to trade again.

Great machine, and fast parts delivery.

Good luck!

Engine starts right up. It needs a throttle cable. The bucket cylinder is blown and all the other cylinders have rust on the shafts. The aux hydraulic connections are a mess as you may be able to see in the pic. Both sides are twisted up with the brackets broken off and bolts sheared. The bucket pins are really worn and sloppy. Couple of broken drive links on both tracks. Haven't opened up the primary drives yet. Sprockets are worn but have lots of life left. Water in the fuel and hydraulic fluid. Exhaust is rusted away. Seat is rotted away.

You are right about just a little TLC. In a couple of weeks I'll be diggin away!

I'm looking forward to tinkering on it and bringing it back to life.

Thanks for the comments.