which tractor to buy

/ which tractor to buy #1  

rwendel

Tractor
Case 75C Farmall, Ford 2120, Ford 4000, Ford 8000, Kubota BX1800, Farmall 140
I'm looking at the New Holland Workmaster 55 and Kubota MX5100HST. The biggest difference is the transmission - shuttle shift vs. hydrostatic drive. I have a 1/4 mile private rock road to maintain, 10 acres to mow, and a lot of trees and timber to move around. Seems like the hydrostaic drive would be easier and I wouldn't have a clutch to replace but not sure how durable it will be.

/ which tractor to buy #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ which tractor to buy #3  
first off, welcome to tbn. i have a kubota b7800 with hst and have close to 900 hours on it with no trouble what so ever with the hydrostat transmission. i think kubota hydrostat transmissions are built heavy duty and are very durable. i just keep my fluid changed and filters too. i have always used kubota sudt2 and kubota filters. i do every type of drive type too, from making constant direction changes during landscaping operations, loader operations, and various other jobs. i use it for pulling and skidding logs too, so the idea of a hydrostat not being too good for pulling/ground enguaging work is not true for me. i also bush hog fields and have constant driving in just one direction for hours at a time. it is used in a commercial setting and like i said, no problems with the hydrostat at all. i don't think you would have any trouble with you choice of kubota model either. and i agree with you, you will save on the clutch compared to any other type of transmission.

/ which tractor to buy #4  
I'm looking at the New Holland Workmaster 55 and Kubota MX5100HST. The biggest difference is the transmission - shuttle shift vs. hydrostatic drive. I have a 1/4 mile private rock road to maintain, 10 acres to mow, and a lot of trees and timber to move around. Seems like the hydrostaic drive would be easier and I wouldn't have a clutch to replace but not sure how durable it will be.

If your interested in a almost new Workmaster 55,4x4 with loader a friend of mine is taking another job,in houston and has know need for it anymore only has 50hrs comes with an almost new 7ft Landpride shredder and a 72" tiller. I believe he only wonts payoff on all somewhere around 22,000.

/ which tractor to buy #5  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ which tractor to buy #6  
dont buy a valtra. they are dangerous rubbish

/ which tractor to buy #8  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum.

/ which tractor to buy
Thanks for reply. I'm going with the Kubota and hydrostatic drive.

/ which tractor to buy
Thanks for info but I'm going with the Kubota. I need to finance the tractor, if I had the money I might look at it.