Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: What should I do??

As stated in other posts...........I'm going to play the 'devils advocate here.

You know you only need the CK20. Now you are going to buy a tractor you don't need, from another dealer, a kot farther away. But you may be thinking that your local dealer will put you at the front of the line, if you have a problem. if your local dealer get's PO'ed.........you could wait some time to get yours repaired.

You need to ask yourself(or others in the neighborhood)........is the dealer worth working with? Service good? Employeee turnover high or low?

I have 2 acres of ground, half wooded...........I was made other offers, but the GC400 is all I need for my property.

4,500 is a lot of money though,
    Tread carefully, and good luck in your decision
    Last edited by Don87; 04-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Yes this is exactly my dilemma. I don't know whether I could use the bigger tractor or not.

BUT... there are other options that are attractive on the CK27. The bigger QA bucket, the three range hydrostatic, the fully adjustable three point hitch ect....

Maneuverability is an issue, although I suspect that the CK27 is still half ton towable?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by Moosetrax View Post
    Yes this is exactly my dilemma. I don't know whether I could use the bigger tractor or not.

BUT... there are other options that are attractive on the CK27. The bigger QA bucket, the three range hydrostatic, the fully adjustable three point hitch ect....

Maneuverability is an issue, although I suspect that the CK27 is still half ton towable?
    no it isn't:

Towing Capacity of a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton Pickup | eHow.com
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Weight of the CK 20 is 2125.

Weight of the CK27 is 3161

Width of the CK 20 is 44.1 inches

Width of the CK27 is 54.6 inches

Height of the CK 20 is 86 inches

Height of the CK27 is 96 inches

Huge difference in the tractors, be sure you can use the larger size on your property.

EDIT: I generally agree with the 'bigger is better analogy.............but if the tractor is too big for your property then you end up with an even bigger problem.
    Don

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

OK. Well this could be a deciding factor. Because moving it around is important to me.

Maybe I am just wrong on the weight? My understanding is that the ck27 is in the area of 3200lbs and the loader with bucket is 770lbs. My trailer is is 2000lbs. That is about 6000lbs That sounds under the 7000-7500. Am I just way off on the numbers?

I am towing with a 08 F150 crew cab 4x4. I think it has an even higher towing capacity.

Also thanks all for all the input. I value every ones advice. Just want the best deal for me at the end of the day.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Don,

Not all half tons are the same. Mine has a rated towing capacity of 9200 lbs.

A CK27 with loader is about 4200 lbs. This will tow on a 7K rated trailer, and several half tons can tow that.

Also, be careful with ehow. I've seen many a wrong statement on there. Not saying the one you quote is or isn't; just don't trust ehow.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by Moosetrax View Post
    OK. Well this could be a deciding factor. Because moving it around is important to me.

Maybe I am just wrong on the weight? My understanding is that the ck27 is in the area of 3200lbs and the loader with bucket is 770lbs. My trailer is is 2000lbs. That is about 6000lbs That sounds under the 7000-7500. Am I just way off on the numbers?

I am towing with a 08 F150 crew cab 4x4. I think it has an even higher towing capacity.

Also thanks all for all the input. I value every ones advice. Just want the best deal for me at the end of the day.
    I think you will be OK with a half ton. But, if you plan to tow a lot, it might get hard on your truck long term (tranny and brakes). Make sure you keep your brakes on the trailer in good working order and properly adjusted.

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Any body out here had the CK20 and moved up for the features other then the size? i.e the QA, three range HST ect....

My thinking keeps leading me towards the bigger tractor, especially for the same money. Rather have more and not use it then find out I need more. Seems to be the school of thought I can't get away from....

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Quote Originally Posted by Gittyup View Post
    I think you will be OK with a half ton. But, if you plan to tow a lot, it might get hard on your truck long term (tranny and brakes). Make sure you keep your brakes on the trailer in good working order and properly adjusted.
    Yes I think you are right. I don't expect to be towing far. I just want to be able to when I want to.

I tow a 6000lbs camper now with no trouble.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

You are just like all the rest of us. If you can get more, why not? Just be sure to warn your local dealer. I would take the quote of what you've got and say that you got this very similar price on a more powerful machine, why should I get your CK20? He will either be honest and say I can't match that price and you should do what's best for you, or show his true colors and say you don't buy from me I won't service it and good luck. It at least gives you a better chance of being able to know that you can get warranty work done or that you have to plan for a trip elsewhere, either way you will be able to get a better picture of what you will encounter later.

One thing to look at is that the CK27 is a couple years old and has lived outside. Is there any faded paint, does it just look worn more than the newer CK20? I know I wouldn't want a machine that looked bad before it had a chance to get used.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast