Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Default Re: What should I do??

New Development to add....

I stopped and spoke to my local dealer. I took the quote to him. He basically told me that it would be impossible for him to match. He said that he would be going behind on the deal.

He did however lower his price by quite a bit and is now to a $1500 dollar difference. The local dealer is also adding a free 50 hour service and including a block heater. I don't really know the monetary value on that?

I appreciate the effort and I think that with the gap alot closer it is now worth staying local.

Thoughts?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

The biggest question should be - are you happy with it? If so, than there's no reason for us not to be. A dealers oil change special will be a couple hundred along with the block heater, so you should be close to $2000 off. If you don't need the more tractor, I would stay local and save the money. This can really only be answered by your true needs of the tractor, though.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20S HST and Gravely walk-behind (2 wheel tractor - 700 lbs.).

Don't lose track of what is best for your needs and property. Forget the price and distance and such for a minute, and ask yourself, "Which of these tractors really meets my working needs?"

A great deal is only a great deal if what you are buying is really what you want/need.
    Happy tractoring whichever way you go! And congratulations on being up front with your local dealer... that leaves you in a better spot.
    -Mitch
    Last edited by PatasColo; 04-09-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: too wordy.

Tractor
    MF 135 Z134 Continental, MF 1660 Cab

Agreed, best to be up front right from the start.

There seem to be as many people happy with their initial purchases of SCUTs as there are those who upgraded because they wanted more loader capacity, bigger attachments, more weight, more HP etc on this site.

If the CK20 is going to do everything you are ever going to need than go for it. If you are thinking of a time in the future when the extra bucket capacity etc are going to be needed than you need to decide whether to purchase the CK27 now or wait for the day to come, if it comes, that you've outgrown it.

Doesn't really help I know, if it were me I'm a more is better kind of guy, so long as it will do everything I need it to do.

Good luck!

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    The biggest question should be - are you happy with it? If so, than there's no reason for us not to be. A dealers oil change special will be a couple hundred along with the block heater, so you should be close to $2000 off. If you don't need the more tractor, I would stay local and save the money. This can really only be answered by your true needs of the tractor, though.
    I think I will be happy. Actually it is the local dealer off by about $1500. With his offer of free service and block heater that closes it to about $1000. $1000 savings, regardless of which model, is not enough for me to stray from my local dealer. Especially after his making this effort to gain my business.

I never seriously looked at the CK27 until the awesome offer came along. The way I see it, worst case I have a much upgraded tractor for $1000 more

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Quote Originally Posted by PatasColo View Post
    Don't lose track of what is best for your needs and property. Forget the price and distance and such for a minute, and ask yourself, "Which of these tractors really meets my working needs?"

A great deal is only a great deal if what you are buying is really what you want/need.
    Happy tractoring whichever way you go! And congratulations on being up front with your local dealer... that leaves you in a better spot.
    -Mitch
    Thanks for this. It is easy to get caught up in the go big or go home.

The truth is they both meet my needs. I want to till, move snow and mow primarily. My working area is a rural with lots of cleared room to move around (over 2 acres). I don't think the maneuverability of the smaller tractor will be necessary, and it looks like the truck and trailer I have is still capable of towing the 27. Although the HP and weight difference might be nice some time in the future, I am currently interested in the adjustment of the 3 point and the QA.

The dealer was very reasonable. He was glad that I came by with what I had been offered!

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Quote Originally Posted by Mike476 View Post
    If you are thinking of a time in the future when the extra bucket capacity etc are going to be needed than you need to decide whether to purchase the CK27 now or wait for the day to come, if it comes, that you've outgrown it.

Doesn't really help I know, if it were me I'm a more is better kind of guy, so long as it will do everything I need it to do.

Good luck!
    If history repeats its self I will want bigger at some point in the future. I wanted a bigger motorcycle when I had one, then a bigger boat when I had one of them.... You get the picture.

The are all gone now to fund this new tractor!!

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by Moosetrax View Post
    If history repeats its self I will want bigger at some point in the future. I wanted a bigger motorcycle when I had one, then a bigger boat when I had one of them.... You get the picture.

The are all gone now to fund this new tractor!!

Why not tell us some specifics about what you need to do to your property and the terrain etc. we may be able to help you decide which tractor fits your needs the best.

Silver Member Little Red Tractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 6284

I seriously looked at the smaller Kioti and would have bought it in a heartbeat had it not been a bit outside my budget. I picked up a used--and larger--tractor for significantly less money, but someday may very well trade up to the Kioti.
    On the issue of using a local dealer: my dad often used the expression "drive 50 miles to save 50 cents." If you can do your business locally, you're always better off.

Tractor
    Kioti CK27

Quote Originally Posted by Little Red Tractor View Post
    I seriously looked at the smaller Kioti and would have bought it in a heartbeat had it not been a bit outside my budget. I picked up a used--and larger--tractor for significantly less money, but someday may very well trade up to the Kioti.
    On the issue of using a local dealer: my dad often used the expression "drive 50 miles to save 50 cents." If you can do your business locally, you're always better off.
    Yes. I have definitely ruled out travelling for the other tractor. The local dealer has come to within $1000 of the other dealer. That is good enough for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast