Buying Advice What should I do??

/ What should I do?? #1  

Moosetrax

Tractor
Kioti CK27
Hello Folks,

New member, just joined! I am inches away from buying my first tractor. I have been looking through the posts at this site for quite a few months now as part of my research.

I have my mind set on a kioti tractor, but still have questions and would really value this communities opinion. I will try and hold all my questions as I could go on forever. Maybe discussion will lead to more answers.

I am home owner with about 3 acres. I am looking to do mostly 3 point mowing, snow removal, tilling and FEL\Forks work. The ck20 looks great for what I want to do.

Now for my dilema... I was just about to buy the CK20HST from my local dealer, when my phone rings from a dealer that is about 3 hours away. They have a left over CK27HST that they want to move. They are offering this at basically the same price that I can get the CK20 for. This is significantly more tractor for the same money. If i were going with the ck27 locally, it would also be a significant amount more money.

I think the decision is obvious to get the bigger tractor (even though it is not needed). This leads to my first question. How much would it take to get you to stray away from your local dealer? I would rather deal with my local dealer but we are talking about a difference of roughly $4500 dollars. I can't just brush off that amount and forget about it. What would everyone else do? How much value is there in buying locally. Should I be worried about showing up at the local dealer for service if I buy somewhere else? My thoughts are, I should have every right to shop around. Should I be able to get any warranty claims done locally? Anybody else been in this situation?

Also... Any reason I should stay away from the ck27?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

/ What should I do?? #2  
A local dealer is a little more convenient.
But for $4500 price differance I would travel the 3 hours.
The only time it would be an issue is if/when you would need any warrenty work.
As far as parts, I order them over the phone anyway. So thats a none issue as far as using a local dealer vs not.

/ What should I do?? #3  
I think the CK27 would be the choice. I bought my tractor, a CK35 HST with Woods backhoe, through a dealer in Oregon and imported in to Canada when the dollar was above par. I have been well looked after by my dealer even though he is in another country. To me having a good local dealer is important but in my case not $6,000 worth.

/ What should I do??
Can you foresee any problems getting regular service done? Or do must tractor owners do there own?

I am able to do it and not apposed to doing my own. Just wondering if it is one of those things where it is mandatory for the dealer to preform the maintenance.

/ What should I do?? #5  
There is no reason for a dealer to do any of your service.
If you are able to do it yourself go nuts. It gets you closer to your machine.

Warranty work is warranty work, any dealer would be able to do it.

/ What should I do??
There is no reason for a dealer to do any of your service.
If you are able to do it yourself go nuts. It gets you closer to your machine.

Warranty work is warranty work, any dealer would be able to do it.

This is exactly the way I think. Although I worried about getting into a situation where something breaks and the local guy refuses to fix it. Then I am faced with a 6 hour round trip and crossing a boarder.

Am I just over thinking this? haha. Can the local kioti dealer refuse a kioti warranty request.

This tractor is in the US and I would be importing into Canada.

Thanks

/ What should I do?? #7  
Can they do a dealer to dealer swap??Might be worth asking.

/ What should I do??
Hmmm... I am not sure. Is that possible. The local dealer would not make anything on the deal? Not sure that they would be willing.

/ What should I do?? #9  
This is exactly the way I think. Although I worried about getting into a situation where something breaks and the local guy refuses to fix it. Then I am faced with a 6 hour round trip and crossing a boarder.

Am I just over thinking this? haha. Can the local kioti dealer refuse a kioti warranty request.

This tractor is in the US and I would be importing into Canada.

Thanks

Your local dealer should be able to look after any service or warranty work. Will they be slow about it because you didn't buy from them, well maybe.
I had one problem with my Woods backhoe a couple of weeks after I got my tractor from the USA, phoned the dealer Saturday evening and the next morning he returned my call. We talked about the problem and on Monday morning he told me Woods was sending me a new swing cylinder. Came Friday morning, I had contacted a local tractor mechanic and he installed it Friday afternoon. I paid the bill and sent it to my dealer in Oregon. Several weeks later I got reimbursed. Also had to get some o-rings changed on the Kioti, I just couldn't get the nuts off, talked to the dealer and he sent up the o-rings and same mechanic changed them, sent the bill and got reimbursed.
All the rest of the service 50 hour etc I have done. :)

/ What should I do?? #10  
I did the same thing, but not across country boundaries. My far away dealer has been great. The only problem I see with a local dealer is if it's a gray area whether it's a warranty item or not. The local guy might not go to bat for you.

With the 27 you definitely get more tractor. The much heavier weight probably offsets hp gains. But the weight is good for ground work. Otoh the 20 is more maneuverable and easier to store and tow.

If the 27 isn't too big for your needs, I'd definitely go that way.