farmer

/ farmer #1  

upashant

Tractor
I am looking for one
I have a large home garden,really a mini homestead, I'm looking for some kind of small versatile tractor. I'd like to have loader, backhoe and pto with 25 -30 hp. It could even be tracked but must be small with a low center of gravity

/ farmer #5  
Check out the threads by bp fick as he is doing what you plan and has some very helpful insight.

/ farmer #6  
Check out the threads by bp fick as he is doing what you plan and has some very helpful insight.

Thanks TripleR.

To the O.P. Really, any small, compact tractor would fit the bill, I would think. Have you studied any of them up close and personal?

/ farmer #7  
Any compact 4 WD tractor would fit your description. The backhoe uses is likely going to be your deciding factor. I would think the sub-compact models (Kubota BX and similar) would not have the ground clearance you need for cultivation needs. My son-in-law just bought a Kubota 2920 with FEL, belly mount 72" mower and rear tiller which is a nice size for mowing and tilling with plenty of ground clearance. While the belly mount is great for seeing what you are doing mowing, it does limit your ground clearance therefore, I would have bought a rear mount mower but that is personal preference. I played with it a bit at his house and really liked the compact size and power (29 hp)

/ farmer
Gary thanks for the info.I do no-till or weedless gardening,so there is no need for tilling. I still have a need for groundclearance , rough wet areas and such. I need a small tractor for moving mulch and compost,turning compost. landscaping and any other good excuse I can come up with. farmer

/ farmer #9  
Gary thanks for the info.I do no-till or weedless gardening,so there is no need for tilling. I still have a need for groundclearance , rough wet areas and such. I need a small tractor for moving mulch and compost,turning compost. landscaping and any other good excuse I can come up with. farmer

I do believe he is trying to get all his eggs in a row to make sure he can have answers for any question his better half can come up with:laughing::laughing:
Yes, check out the threads on the small subcompacts as I think they may help greatly. Even the smaller compacts will do well. Keep your options open and definitly go look at the various makes and models. If you can, get the dealer to let you drive it around to see if it fits you. especially in the floor of the operating position. Some tractors are crowded there and many have lots more room. Operate the controls. Some may be awkward to use, other more effecient to use. Good luck in your search. :thumbsup: And of course :welcome: to TBN

/ farmer #10  
I have a large home garden,really a mini homestead, I'm looking for some kind of small versatile tractor. I'd like to have loader, backhoe and pto with 25 -30 hp. It could even be tracked but must be small with a low center of gravity

Kubota BX series.
New Mahindra MAXX series.
I've owned both brands. Never had a problem with either.