Buying Advice Mahindra or Kubota?

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #1  

swamp

Tractor
Mahindra 5530, Ford 3000
I am looking for advice.. Am going to buy a new tractor and am looking at a Mahindra 5010G and a Kubota MX5100. Both with FEL and 4wd. I will not be a heavy user but have never had a FEL before. My current tractor is an old Ford 3000. No bucket or power steering. This is a big investment for me and am afraid of making a mistake. If both tractors work as advertised price and dealer service is the only issue. The big question is do they work as advertised? Any advise??

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #2  
I don't think you can get better quality and refinement than Kubota. It will probably last forever.

I looked long and hard at both Mahindra and Kubota. In the size I wanted Kubota was more refined and proven. Mahindra had a poor dealer network and the hydraulics were variable between the same models at different dealers, some stronger, some weaker.

Look at the servicing requirements on each. I found it was difficult to check the oil on the Mahindra. In the size I wanted, the Kubota was not rated for a heavy duty front end loader because it's frame was lighter. After asking some Mahindra mechanics I found that, once in a while, they saw a front axle problem.

I found New Holland to be the toughest design and easiest to operate. It just fits me and I love driving it. It has done an amazing amount of work, but it has plastic fenders. So it's all a compromise.

Which one is the most fun to drive? Which transmission makes the most sense to you? How's the layout for the driver? How close is the dealer? Are they willing to deal? What buckets and backhoes are available and at what cost?

Now after over 500 hours of tough use in construction, with a backhoe and doing road work, my NH is fine and I would buy it again. I do think Mahindras are nice and their hearts are in the right place, as a company, but I'd probably pick one of the others.

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #3  
Mahindra makes good and tough tractors as well as Kubota. If you plan on FEL work or mowing convenience of HST is hard to beat.
Kubota 8/8 manual might disapoint you.

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #4  
For the comparable tractor, after say 5 years, which has the better resale value - ala better investment?

-Nick

/ Mahindra or Kubota?
Yes, definite advantages to hydrostatic trans. Afraid no NH dealer nearby. In looking at the fel specs Kubota is rated at 9 inches below grade and the Mahindra is 4 ft 7inches. Can that be correct?

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #6  
Try not to get caught up with the spec. game. Try the one's you are interested in to see which one feels right to you. Each tractor has its pluses and minuses. Good luck in your search

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #7  
Yes, definite advantages to hydrostatic trans. Afraid no NH dealer nearby. In looking at the fel specs Kubota is rated at 9 inches below grade and the Mahindra is 4 ft 7inches. Can that be correct?

According to Mahindra web site the ML 151 has digging depth 5.2".

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #8  
you just cant beat a MX5100 HST in my eyes.but thats me,an i just dont like the looks of the mahindra.

/ Mahindra or Kubota? #10  
Guess I'm still in the 50's with my old 8N Ford...what is FEL We are also looking for a different tractor More power than the old ford, 4 wheel drive, big enough to really use the bucket for brush pushing etc..Could use any and all suggestions to help with the choice