Buying Advice new tractor

/ new tractor #1  

sd124

Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Hello all, 1st time user and totally new to this. I have 3 acres with a 24'x100' concrete driveway. I am currently using a white gt2550 25hp gas with a 54" deck to cut the grass and have an ahrens 11hp walk behind snowthrower. I am considering a kubota bx1860 diesel with blower attachment. I know very little about diesels. I'm sure that the kubota will more than handle what I need it for, but am I gaining or losing going with the 18hp diesel vs the 25hp gas? I also looked at the simplicity legacy xl, and jd x700 series. I don't know if I'll ever need the 3 point hitch or a fel but at least I'll be able to.

/ new tractor #2  
There is really no comparison between the gas engine garden tractors and the diesel engine subcompact tractors. The torque of the diesel is much higher, making it much more useful for they type of work you will use it for. You will definitely want a FEL. There is no way to appreciate how useful it is until you have it. My wheel barrow hasn't been out of the garage in I don't know when. I don't know the bx series extremely well, but you might want to consider taking the step to a 2360. It gives you more HP, but I think it has bigger tires which will give you a little better ride and a bit more ground clearance. If you go to the Kubota section, you will find plenty of bx lovers on there and you will be able to get an idea of what you can do with one.

/ new tractor
Ok thanks for the reply, I am looking at the 2360 as well, just didnt know if I needed that much

/ new tractor #4  
I had a BX1860, until I upgraded to a B series last year.

If tied together, the BX would drag your gas tractor's butt all over the yard and slap it senseless. It's just a fact. I loved my BX and you'd not be disappointed.

/ new tractor #5  
Whether it be the Kubota, or Cub/Yanmar, New Holland, or Massey.......any will outperform any gas job you can find...........and do it cheaper in the long run.

I vote yes on the FEL also, you won't really understand how nice they are to have til you have one. Mine stays on all the time because everytime I mow there are fresh tree limbs to pick up........no stopping to drag, or anything........just shove them in the bucket and go about my merry way. Empty when I finish mowing.

Mulch moving a breeze with the FEL.............so many uses.