Comparison 50 hp tractor

/ 50 hp tractor
I agree with you on the mahindra 5035 being in a different class which is why it is the one I liked the most just the price of the Kioti has my interest. Looked at new holland boomer but platform felt smaller than the others. By the way just found this site and have learned alot about compact tractors.

/ 50 hp tractor
In my original post had the wrong model number for the kioti it is a dk50se, oops.

/ 50 hp tractor #13  
I was wondering if it was something that a person would get used to and finally like after awhile. Seems like the brakes would be awkward to use also

I think you will find with any HST you don't use the brakes.When you let off the tractor stops.I don't have a problem with either pedal set-up....I have one of each.

/ 50 hp tractor #14  
The Mahindra 5010 [ built in Korea by TYM ] is more like the two others you were looking at. Here is a picture of the 5010 followed by the 5035 [ built in India ]. You can that the 5035 is way more beefier ...

Have fun looking..... :)

Last edited:
   / 50 hp tractor
My local caseih are are also mahindra dealers, they seem to only stock mahindra because that is what sells. No matter what you buy it is all foreign made.

/ 50 hp tractor #17  
Not true. Engines, transmission, and rear end are all made in Japan on caseih and new Hollands. Case ih are manufactured and assembled in Racine, Wi. USA baby!!!

/ 50 hp tractor #18  
Actually, I believe Case sources tractors from many countries.. just like John Deere, Mahindra, and of course, New Holland. My 1981 John Deere 2240 was built in Germany, with a motor produced in a John Deere plant in France. John Deere started sourcing this size tractors overseas in the 1970's. Mahindra sells tractors made in India, Korea, and I think Italy. Just like John Deere, Case and New Holland do. Very few, IF ANY, 40-60 horse power tractors are 'made' in the U.S. I think John Deere is the last of the producers that are still trying to 'make' some of this size tractors here. Italy, Korea, India, and Japan are major producers of this size tractors... with China coming fast.

/ 50 hp tractor #19  
I was wondering if it was something that a person would get used to and finally like after awhile. Seems like the brakes would be awkward to use also

Took all of 45 minutes to get used to the rocker pedal on the Kubota. Not a bad set-up really. As far as brakes, like others have mentioned they don't get much use on an HST tractor.

/ 50 hp tractor #20  
The Mahindra 5010 [ built in Korea by TYM ] is more like the two others you were looking at. Here is a picture of the 5010 followed by the 5035 [ built in India ]. You can that the 5035 is way more beefier ...

Have fun looking..... :)
Actually the DK40-50 rear end looks more like the 5035, clevised bottom arms, etc. Those 5010 axles look a bit thin!
But yes, a 5035 would be happier going down a hill with a few tons of manure in the spreader than a DK40-50. I think of the DK's as big compact utility tractors, the 5035 is a utility tractor IMO.