Comparison 50 hp tractor

/ 50 hp tractor #1  

930ck

Silver Member
Tractor
allis d 17/ case 930, 1370/ kubota L5740
Looked at mahindra 5035, kubota mx 5100 and dx 50 kioti, all three with fel, fwa and hydro. Really liked the 5035 the best, the mx 5100 is a nice tractor but didn't like the rocker hydro control as well as the two pedal set up. The kioti has push button , cruise and fwa engage, and comes with a free frontend loader making it several thousand less than the other two. Have dealers close for all three brands just trying to decide if the reputation of kubota is worth the money

/ 50 hp tractor #2  
If you don't like the rocker control on the Kubota then I wouldn't be even considering it. I have a rocker control on my Cub Cadet and I don't like it. After 3 years I still don't like it. It feels ackward for me and I have never got use to it. I would have preferred a two pedal setup but it was the only hydro tractor I had ever bought or even used at the time. Lesson learned :ashamed:

/ 50 hp tractor
I was wondering if it was something that a person would get used to and finally like after awhile. Seems like the brakes would be awkward to use also

/ 50 hp tractor #4  
Looked at mahindra 5035, kubota mx 5100 and dx 50 kioti, all three with fel, fwa and hydro. Really liked the 5035 the best, the mx 5100 is a nice tractor but didn't like the rocker hydro control as well as the two pedal set up. The kioti has push button , cruise and fwa engage, and comes with a free frontend loader making it several thousand less than the other two. Have dealers close for all three brands just trying to decide if the reputation of kubota is worth the money

The rocker pedal on my 2005 Kubota B7510HST always felt awkward to me -- never really liked it very much. Traded that tractor for a new 2008 Mahindra 5525 with a simple gear tranny. Like it a lot more than that HST tractor.

Good luck.

/ 50 hp tractor #5  
All three are nice tractors in a nice hp range. I would advise to look and see which one of the three offers draft control. Some tractors this size don't have it and I wouldn't ever own a tractor that didn't. Personal preference. To me it's one of those features that makes a tractor a tractor. I have a tractor in a similar hp range and I chose to go with the one that had the largest displacement engine wise at 179 ci. Glad I did too.

/ 50 hp tractor #6  
I'm perfectly satisfied with my rocker pedal. Thought I wanted separate pedals after trying a JD 4005 hydro, then somewhat had misgivings about the Kubota rocker. But tried, & after about 5 minutes thought it was fine & have ever since. Maybe not all rocker pedals are the same.

/ 50 hp tractor #7  
I'm perfectly satisfied with my rocker pedal. Thought I wanted separate pedals after trying a JD 4005 hydro, then somewhat had misgivings about the Kubota rocker. But tried, & after about 5 minutes thought it was fine & have ever since. Maybe not all rocker pedals are the same.

The single pedal on the MX5100 is different than the single pedal on your Grand L Bep. The pedal on the MX5100 is the same I had on my recent L3400HST. I loved that pedal, but lots of people hate it. I now have the Kioti 2 pedal setup, and am getting along well with it. The wife remarked that she prefered the 2 pedal of the Kioti over the single of the Kubota. I think it is all in what you get used to, but apparently some never get "used" to some of the setups.

James K0UA

/ 50 hp tractor #8  
k0ua said:
The single pedal on the MX5100 is different than the single pedal on your Grand L Bep. The pedal on the MX5100 is the same I had on my recent L3400HST. I loved that pedal, but lots of people hate it. I now have the Kioti 2 pedal setup, and am getting along well with it. The wife remarked that she prefered the 2 pedal of the Kioti over the single of the Kubota. I think it is all in what you get used to, but apparently some never get "used" to some of the setups.

James K0UA

I got use to the rocker but its still ackward to use for me and one feature I just don't care for.

/ 50 hp tractor #9  
I'm buying a Kioti DK45SE. Kubota was $10K more for a Grand L 4240 with the same equipment, and I wasn't as impressed with either the Mahindra 5010 or the Mahindra dealer. I was well impressed with the Kioti dealer.

Go sit on them, try them out, and check out the dealer; then get the one you feel most comfortable with. Good luck in your shopping.

/ 50 hp tractor #10  
The Mahindra 5035 weighs in at over 6000 pounds with a loader, BIGGER tires, and probably a lot more traction than the other two tractors you are looking at. So you are not realy comparing like models in your search... Keep that in mind whilst you are wandering around kicking tires... and have fun looking....!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)