Default Re: sub compact tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dkizerian View Post
    Max 22
    Max 25
    Max 28XL

All listed on their website under
    "Sub & Mid-compact tractors
    "
    Mahindra is falsely advertising the Max series as 'subcompact'. The Mahindra Max is a CUT.

Look up the specs of the kubota 2630, and compare that to the Max 22 or 25. The Kubota is a CUT( Comact Utility Tractor).

EDIT: I just looked up the specs of the Mahindra 1816, and the 2216. Those also fall into the CUT range.

Mahindra does not make a Subcompact.
    Last edited by Don87; 04-21-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: to add info
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

As discussed heavily in the Mahindra /kubota comparison thread, no one has a set in stone definition of what defines a SCUT from a CUT. My definition is if it looks like a giant lawnmower with tractor tires and a 3 PH it is likely a SCUT. So far it has been up to the manufacturers to claim the category. I dont think you can go by weight as some of the SCUT are about as heavy as low end CUT as exampled by the MF GC line that are SCUT but weight wise they are nearly as heavy as the Kubota 2xxx series which Kubotas says are CUT.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Mahindra is falsely advertising the Max series as 'subcompact'. The Mahindra Max is a CUT.

Look up the specs of the kubota 2630, and compare that to the Max 22 or 25. The Kubota is a CUT( Comact Utility Tractor).

EDIT: I just looked up the specs of the Mahindra 1816, and the 2216. Those also fall into the CUT range.

Mahindra does not make a Subcompact.
    Perhaps it is not a SCUT in your opinion and yet they developed it to compete with and take sales away from the Kubota BX and MF GC lineup. I dont know what they are priced out as, but they wont have to be all that cheap to cut into these two series tractors that cost as much as a full CUT tractor. I think they are more in line with comparison to the CK 20 which is classed as a CUT but only weighs in a 1305 pounds and Kubota 2320 a@ 1356 is considered a CUT whereas a GC 2600 which is classed as a SCUT weighs 1433. So what criteria DO you use to determine the classification?
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Perhaps it is not a SCUT in your opinion and yet they developed it to compete with and take sales away from the kubota BX and MF GC lineup. I dont know what they are priced out as, but they wont have to be all that cheap to cut into these two series tractors that cost as much as a full CUT tractor. I think they are more in line with comparison to the CK 20 which is classed as a CUT but only weighs in a 1305 pounds and Kubota 2320 a@ 1356 is considered a CUT whereas a GC 2600 which is classed as a SCUT weighs 1433. So what criteria DO you use to determine the classification?
    Look up the specs of the tractors in question and you will understand.

Mahindra doesn't make a subcompact.

EDIT: I just looked up the specs on the Massey 1526, compare that to Mahindra's lineup. You will see that all the Mahindra (miscategorized) "subcompacts" are more comparable to it. The 1526 is a CUT.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

Look up the specs of the tractors in question and you will understand.

Mahindra doesn't make a subcompact.

EDIT: I just looked up the specs on the Massey 1526, compare that to Mahindra's lineup. You will see that all the Mahindra (miscategorized) "subcompacts" are more comparable to it. The 1526 is a CUT.
    It is all a matter of perspective. No brand owns the definition of sub-compact, mid-compact, or compact.
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by AchingBack View Post
    It is all a matter of perspective. No brand owns the definition of sub-compact, mid-compact, or compact.

I agree, most of this is BS and trivial to say the least. I would suggest a new buyer look at what fits his situation the best and not get lost in the translations between garden tractor, subcompact tractor and compact tractor.

On a more humorous note their are posters such as L Brown who have all of this figured out and claims that the subcompact is a "true tractor in its own right" whatever that means.

I agree with Gary Fowler too, definitions are a little murky.... and meaningless.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by AchingBack View Post
    If you had looked up the specifications on the tractors in question, you would see that it's not a matter of perspective, it's just facts, my man.

Mahindra does not make a "subcompact"
    Don

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    I agree, most of this is BS and trivial to say the least. I would suggest a new buyer look at what fits his situation the best and not get lost in the translations between garden tractor, subcompact tractor and compact tractor.

On a more humorous note their are posters such as L Brown who have all of this figured out and claims that the subcompact is a "true tractor in its own right" whatever that means.

I agree with Gary Fowler too, definitions are a little murky.... and meaningless.
    Actually, they aren't murky and do mean a lot.. Read the specs on the tractors.

To have the Mahindra, compared as a subcompact.........is like comparing an F250 to a Ford Ranger.
    Don

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7300

Actually, they aren't murky and do mean a lot.. Read the specs on the tractors.

To have the Mahindra, compared as a subcompact.........is like comparing an F250 to a Ford Ranger.
    You keep saying "read the specs" which is fine, but what specs exactly make a tractor a sub or a compact? Is it a certain hard set weight? Or a certain tire size? Or 3pt lift capability? And who decided what that is?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by dkizerian View Post
    You keep saying "read the specs" which is fine, but what specs exactly make a tractor a sub or a compact? Is it a certain hard set weight? Or a certain tire size? Or 3pt lift capability? And who decided what that is?
    I'm not sure.

Compare the specs of the kubota B2630 to the specs of the Max 22/25..........what do you see............almost identical tractors in every way. The B2630 is a CUT, that makes the Max 22/25 a CUT sized machine.

Mahindra is comparing their Compact Utility Tractor, to the much smaller Subcompact category. Check the specs on the Kubota BX series, the Massey GC series, The John Deere 1 series, .........you'll see the difference between the 2 categories. Look at everything.......length, width, height, tire size.....as well as the mechanical specs.

Mahindra is falsly advertising their Max series..........they don't make a subcompact tractor.
    Don

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast