Buying Advice sub compact tractor

/ sub compact tractor #31  
A rotatiller puts as much load on a tractor as just about anything. I'd try and stay at 25 pto hp or above with a 4ft tiller.
A tiller will give you about the nicest soil for vegetables you could want. They do an especially good job of turning amendments into the soil. I till lime, horse manure and cow manure into my garden in the fall so it's not so "hot" in the spring.
In the spring it's easy to till again until the soil is like powder. I have a 6ft. Howard Rotavator and unlike any other implement you can feel it pull the engine down a bit. That's with a 45 hp machine. If you're lacking for power make 1 pass shallow and the second pass deeper.

/ sub compact tractor #32  
I'm not sure.

Compare the specs of the Kubota B2630 to the specs of the Max 22/25..........what do you see............almost identical tractors in every way. The B2630 is a CUT, that makes the Max 22/25 a CUT sized machine.

Mahindra is comparing their Compact Utility Tractor, to the much smaller Subcompact category. Check the specs on the Kubota BX series, the Massey GC series, The John Deere 1 series, .........you'll see the difference between the 2 categories. Look at everything.......length, width, height, tire size.....as well as the mechanical specs.

Mahindra is falsly advertising their Max series..........they don't make a subcompact tractor.

Maybe kubota is falsely advertising their b series, and mahindra is right? I'm just trying to figure out how you can be so 100% adamant about such an arbitrary thing.

/ sub compact tractor #33  
Problem solved, reclassify the BX series as mini-compact.

/ sub compact tractor #34  
I have a BX24 with almost one thousand trouble free hours. I've dug french drains, water lines, dug up stumps and roots, retaining walls, driveways, used the front end loader for more things than I can count, done landscaping, mowed, and moved huge amounts of soil. It is a real pal. Highly recommended!

/ sub compact tractor #35  
Maybe kubota is falsely advertising their b series, and mahindra is right? I'm just trying to figure out how you can be so 100% adamant about such an arbitrary thing.
Falsely advertising a product with the express purpose of fooling customers, or to gain market share is not an 'arbitrary thing'

/ sub compact tractor #36  
If something is not definitively defined, then it i,s by definition, arbitrary Don. Until you show us industry agreed upon specs that are written down, your quest to slay Mahindra seems a huge waste of ink. It is what it is, your opinion, which is rather arbitrary.

/ sub compact tractor #37  
If something is not definitively defined, then it i,s by definition, arbitrary Don. Until you show us industry agreed upon specs that are written down, your quest to slay Mahindra seems a huge waste of ink. It is what it is, your opinion, which is rather arbitrary.

With all due respect sir............if you look at the specifications for all the other subcompacts, you will see there is an 'industry standard', and further, if you use that computer of yours for research, instead of arguing with the facts, you would find plenty of subcompact vs. compact utility information out there.

And even further, if you would have compared the specs of the Max series to the specs of the B series Kubota, or the 1500 series Massey, or the other comact utility tractors out there..........you never would have posted what you did.

Mahindra does not make a subcompact tractor.

/ sub compact tractor #38  
I have done just that Don, just because you are adamant in your opinion does not make it valid. Once again I ask you, show me where there is an industry STANDARD to go by that is clearly defined, not what different manufacturers define something as.

So get your little fingers hopping and email me a link with a definitive STANDARD please, otherwise, your continued rants are just that, rants.

If you can show me the definition of a SCUT or CUT then I will happily slink away in my corner, which, if you can't find this definitive definition, you should do the same.

/ sub compact tractor #39  
I have done just that Don, just because you are adamant in your opinion does not make it valid. Once again I ask you, show me where there is an industry STANDARD to go by that is clearly defined, not what different manufacturers define something as.

So get your little fingers hopping and email me a link with a definitive STANDARD please, otherwise, your continued rants are just that, rants.

If you can show me the definition of a SCUT or CUT then I will happily slink away in my corner, which, if you can't find this definitive definition, you should do the same.
Sorry if you don't have the capacity to understand what is put in front of you. Mahindra is falsely advertising the Max series as a subcompact.

Mahindra does not make a subcomact tractor.

/ sub compact tractor #40  
Sorry Don, I don't see you putting anything in front of anyone, other than your OPINION and if something factual was there, I suspect you would do so. Find your corner please.

By the way, I actually looked at the Kubota line in person, because I really like their tractors, but there wasn't the right fit for me.

Last edited: