Buying Advice sub compact tractor

/ sub compact tractor #1  

sfulwood

Tractor
troybilt bronco
i'm new here and looking for advice on what sub compact tractor to buy in terms of price, value and reliability. i will be buying used and will be using it to till a 1 acre vegatable garden. Thanks in advance for any insight

/ sub compact tractor #2  
The Kubota BX2200 had about a two year head start on everyone else and has been a great tractor.

/ sub compact tractor #3  
Kubota BX models are very popular and very reliable.

Chris

/ sub compact tractor #4  
No idea what your budget is, but since you mentioned tilling a garden, it might make sense to watch for a used one with a tiller.

I'd go with any of the mid-large brands that have a reputable dealer nearby: John Deere, Kubota, New Holland, Massey Fergeson, Kioti, Bobcat, Mahindra....

For running just a tiller you only need enough HP to power the tiller. If you're going to do other tasks and use other implements, then the HP needed might go up.

/ sub compact tractor #6  
   / sub compact tractor #7  
There's not much arguing, the Deere 1026R is the nicest, most comfortable SCUT on the market today. The price reflects this, but as far as the best SCUT goes, Deere currently owns the market.

/ sub compact tractor #8  
There's not much arguing, the Deere 1026R is the nicest, most comfortable SCUT on the market today. The price reflects this, but as far as the best SCUT goes, Deere currently owns the market.
How do you figure that?

/ sub compact tractor #9  
How do you figure that?

Autoconnect drive over MMM deck
Autoconnect loader detachable without leaving seat
Larger, more cushioned seat with armrests
Higher back rest on seat
3PH has position control vs 1/4 inching
Foldable ROPS
Much improved lighting
Tilt steering
Loader joystick control located on side fender - not loader, blocking access from right side
Even more digitalized instrumentation
Order any with/without loader/backhoe and add at any time
Higher ROPS=safer
iMatch with auto PTO hook up

I'm really unsure on how they spec out to each other, but from what I hear, they are very similar. Deere is just more comfortable.

This is just a couple things off the top of my head. And before people say it, the OP should definitely still look at the BX. He might find the monetary savings out weigh the features for him. The Deere 1 series is just a new generation of machine than the Kubota BX. The BX is quite a bit older than the 1 series, and therefore a little more lacking in the features. When Kubota comes out with their new lineup of BX's, they have the possibility of taking the reigns back from Deere. Right now, the 1 series is second to none in my book though. Colors/brand preference aside - they are just really nice machines. My $.02 anyway.

/ sub compact tractor #10  
Yanmar SC2400 is an awesome machine. With dual hydraulic pumps, and shift on the fly, it makes work easier and is a very capable machine. And the best warranty. Probably a bit cheaper than the green and orange.....:D:thumbsup::laughing: