Buying Advice 1995 TEREX 860 BACKHOE

/ 1995 TEREX 860 BACKHOE #1  

Dfm4290

Tractor
none
I,m new to this form.
I have a cabin up north I would like to push over and build a new house on the lot.
I need to dig the foundation for the new house.
I also need to put in a septic system and create a 100 foot driveway to the new house.
I also have some other work to do in the yard.
I,m looking at a 1995 TEREX 860 BACKHOE to buy to do the work.
I have never used one before.
The price for the backhoe is $14000.
Would I be able to do the work with this backhoe?
Am I nuts should i just pay to have the work done?
I like doing things myself and can fix most things myself.
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dale

/ 1995 TEREX 860 BACKHOE #2  
Since no one else has responded I will take a crack at it.

I have used the newer 860B with cab and extendahoe back in 2003 for some jobs, seemed capable enough for what you are looking to do. My concern would be how much rock would you have to dig out for your cellar/foundation. That might require a larger excavator just depends on your locale. The other jobs should be fine.

About the Terex backhoe, I considered buying a new 860B with cab about 10 years ago and got a price of just over $45,000 with the estendahoe and ac. This was quite a bit cheaper than the Cat, Case and Deere of similar size, my concern were dealer representation and it seemed to have a less robust rear axle housing. At that time I didn't want to buy into a big rig to haul these machines either. Wound up buying the 110tlb with Laurin cab and all hydraulic options instead. That said I haven't really followed up on how the Terex backhoes have held up.

/ 1995 TEREX 860 BACKHOE #4  
That's the one on Craigslist, in markham. Bad main hydraulic pump, watch out. Expensive fix....