Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #1  

pk1614

Tractor
powerking 1614
For the past 31 years I have had a Power King 1614 tractor with 48" deck and Woods grader blade. The gasohol is playing havoc with carb and decided to upgrade to the modern world. Have compared both the 1023e and bx2360 and appear to be two peas in a pod to this novice. Appreciate any help you can give an old man

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #3  
Both are good tractors though the 1023/1026 is a relatively new model, so long term durability has not been established. John Deere makes good stuff, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

The BX is an old proven design, but has an exposed HST fan unlike the John Deere. The BX also has a quarter inching 3PH unlike the John Deere that has position control.

There are other differences and would go to the dealer to make note of all to weigh in your decision making.

Both are good, the John Deere is just a more modern design.

Correction: Only the 1026R has position control.

Last edited:
   / Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #4  
The BX also has a quarter inching 3PH unlike the John Deere that has position control.

The 1023 doesn't have position control -- only the pricier 1026 includes it.

pk, if you like both tractors, the choice may come down to which dealer you're more comfortable working with, both for purchase and service.

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #5  
The 1023 doesn't have position control -- only the pricier 1026 includes it.

pk, if you like both tractors, the choice may come down to which dealer you're more comfortable working with, both for purchase and service.

I didn't think so either, but this article says it does; maybe a misprint.

"Never before has there been this much versatility, comfort and mowing performance in the subcompact tractor market," says Dan Paschke, John Deere Product Marketing Manager. "The 1 Series offers a wide array of features usually seen on larger tractors like a deluxe lighting package, position control 3-point hitch, and great storage for tools."

John Deere 1023E Sub-Compact Tractor Review

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #6  
I didn't think so either, but this article says it does; maybe a misprint.

"Never before has there been this much versatility, comfort and mowing performance in the subcompact tractor market," says Dan Paschke, John Deere Product Marketing Manager. "The 1 Series offers a wide array of features usually seen on larger tractors like a deluxe lighting package, position control 3-point hitch, and great storage for tools."

John Deere 1023E Sub-Compact Tractor Review

That marketing quote is pretty general, using words like "offers" and "1 Series", but in reality those specific features are only on the 1026. Just go by the specs on the John Deere website if in doubt (or visit a dealer and compare the two models).

Personally, I think the 1026 is worth the extra $$. Among other things, it's got a far better seat than the 1023.

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #7  
That marketing quote is pretty general, using words like "offers" and "1 Series", but in reality those specific features are only on the 1026. Just go by the specs on the John Deere website if in doubt (or visit a dealer and compare the two models).

Personally, I think the 1026 is worth the extra $$. Among other things, it's got a far better seat than the 1023.

Yep, that is your best bet. I checked the website and even it seemed to "imply" with the same language, yet the 1026R mentions position control and the 1023 doesn't say anything.

My choice would also be the 1026R; looks like a really nice tractor.

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #8  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Jd 1023e vs Kubota BX2360 #10  
My choice would also be the 1026R; looks like a really nice tractor.

Yeah, it costs more, but in retrospect it's the better value by far. I think the 1023 is just in the lineup for folks that focus only on dollars.

I did price up parts to put a 1026 seat on a 1023, and it was heading north of $900 when I stopped doing the math out of shock...