Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor?

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #31  
When I bought my JD3032E I kept my little Yanmar 2200. I planned to keep the tiller on it and the mower on the JD. After a few months I realized I really didn't need the Yanmar, but that after having it 12 years, just hated to part with it. I sold it for the same price I paid for it, and sold the new owner the mower and tiller bought a 5 ft finishing mower and new tiller.

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #32  
Very true, I sometimes spend time reading on here and thinking to myself, I need (insert whatever) or a bigger tractor, etc. Then I go out and use my tractor and think, "oh yeah, this is why I bought the one I did, it works perfectly fine for my needs."

This is a dangerous place for your wallet I tell ya :laughing:

Agree 100%....we fellow TBN guys are so good at helping others determine how to spend their money. I didn't find this site until after I purchased my Deere...maybe that was best because everybody here would have urged me to buy a bigger tractor...wait a minute, that might have been a good idea anyway.

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #33  
I would wait to see if the economy is going to crash or not. before taking out loans from a bank. Pay cash no one will take it away from you if your income goes away.

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #34  
If you have any questions or need any ideas (places to buy things from, constructions problems, material questions) feel free to email me. I certainly did learn somethings (good and bad) through the process.

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #35  
[QUOTE="Rackluster"

Close your eyes...relax.....think about sitting in that cab in the middle of July....bugs everywhere....swealtering heat.....but you don't care because you have the ac cranked...The kids are running around like they're nuts, mrs. piston is screaming at them...but all you hear is the purr of those 60 horses and maybe some tunes on the radio....you spend the whole day in the tractor...never left the comfort of the cab....late in the afternoon a downpour comes out of nowhere but who really cares...You just keep a tractoring away...You haven't broken a sweat all day. All you can think about is how you should have gotten a 60hp cab tractor years ago.........[/QUOTE]

now close your eyes and imagine your sitting in the cab bugs heat and the ac cranked and the tunes blaring. And you can't hear your wife screaming at you to stop as you back over ole yellow the sweet old family pet. Sorry every parade gets rained on but at least your dry in your cab

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #36  
I bought my 2710 long before I read I needed bigger and better. I will keep this tractor till the wheels fall off as I do with most of my equipment tractor is paid off and I don't want a payment. I have done stuff with that little tractor that would horrify the overage tbner' and it keeps chugging along.

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #37  
Okay, it sounds like there are a lot of major (but exciting) things coming along soon in your young (compared to me) life. A new addition to the family and building a new home are fine major things to focus on first! A new house is a good investment, a tractor is not. My advise would be to focus your efforts and money on your new baby and new home. Analyze where you are in a year...then circle back to determine if you still need a new tractor. As you age, it will get better because material things become more of a hassle. Always force yourself to focus on what you have (from time to time) rather then what you don't have - not even ***** can buy ever thing he wants. I wish I had a 31 ac place when I was younger. I purchased my property about a year before my adults kids moved out on their own. My wife and wish they could have enjoyed our property along with us when they were young. A new tractor is not going to add monetary value to your property/home nor make it a "home". All the best!

/ Can someone explain to me why I do NOT need another tractor? #38  
Just to add my two cents...each of my two children nets out to a corvette payment.....so think that through. I'd say spend time on your existing tractor doing what it is you need to do, and enjoy the time away from the screaming kids and post partum depression wife on the tractor you're not paying for. Trust me when I tell you, a new payment with a new baby is a recipe for insta divorce....you're marriage is going to have enough challenges with the new baby, without the added stress or anchor of a new payment. (Something your wife can point to when you complain about how expensive formula is or diapers.....) Use the 4610.....