Buying Advice What is this part/is this a good price?

/ What is this part/is this a good price? #1  

gocards1177

Gold Member
I've found a used B2710 with a loader and just under 1K hours. They're asking 11K, but I think I can try to get them down a bit. I've looked at Tractorhouse, and it doesn't seem to be too bad of a price. Mechanically the tractor looks sound, with a few minor cosmetic issues. It's a trade-in, so I don't have much history on maintenance. Thoughts?
Also, what is this part lying in the loader? I had a family member go by and look today, and they didn't ask. I just noticed it in the pics.
Thanks,
NR

Attachments

• IMG_2292.JPG
    IMG_2292.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2290.JPG
    IMG_2290.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2291.JPG
    IMG_2291.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 110
   / What is this part/is this a good price? #2  
No Idea what the parts are :confused:
The bucket shows hard use, the cutting edge looks bent/bowed. I'd look the rest of the loader over carefully. Look for sprung boom, repairs (non factory welds) wrinkled paint, dented kinked hard lines, cylinder damage.

/ What is this part/is this a good price?
Thanks for the advice. I'm teetering between saving money by going used over new versus inheriting an abused machine.

/ What is this part/is this a good price? #4  
Thanks for the advice. I'm teetering between saving money by going used over new versus inheriting an abused machine.

Used does not always mean abused. Folks baby their toys, and tractors are toys for many people.