kioti, mahindra, kubota...

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #1  

bfawn

Tractor
none
New poster here, but i have been reading TBN alot. I can lose hours out of my day with all the info here. Slightly overwhelmed. But i'm in the market for a new tractor and want to be sure i'm getting what i want.
I have 7 acres(4 wooded, 3 pasture). we are just starting to build a house this spring/summer, so the property needs alot of work. My price range is under $20k, starting with tractor, fel, roughcut mower, and grading scraper. eventually a backhoe.
I think i have it narrowed between mahindra 3016 or 3616, kioti ck30 or 35, or kubota b3200 (i kinda think kubota is in last place, but am having a hard time crossing them off)
Initial quotes have mahindra with the best price, followed by kubota then kioti.
I guess i just have to make a decision on the brand, but what im most indecisive about is the size. Since the physical size of the tractors are the same, and if i can afford it, would it be silly for me not to go with the ck35 or 3616?
Thanks everyone in advance

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #2  
If you think you may need to sell or trade in the future, you would be best buying the Kubota as they keep their value better than any other brand. John Deere might be in the running but I think Kubota will beat them out. Mahindra for most people is still considered an off brand even though they have come a long way from being just a cheap Indian competitor from10 or so years ago. Kioti has moved up to right behind the kubota brand I think and they have some very good standard equipment that should be on every tractor, like the telescopic 3 ph links and the lever to raise the 3 ph from the back of the tractor. These make hooking up the tractor SOOOO much easier.
Dont forget to look at the LS tractors. You also get a lot of bang for the buck on those tractors also but dealers are still scarce as they have only been marketing in the USA under their name for a few years. They have made or make rebranded machines for years like Montana, some New Hollands, McCormick and Case for sure and possibly others that I didnt name. Its too early to tell what the used market for these is going to be but it I was considering a Mahindra, I would for sure check out the LS. Look at their website lstractorusa.com for info on their models. Not a lot of info there but a good starting point.

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #3  
Oh, if you decide to go with Mahindra, hope you like pink tractors. Their paint fades to a pink color in just a short time if the tractor isnt keep in the dark:laughing:
Also LS models come with the telescoping 3 ph links like the Kioti but they dont have the rear lever for adjusting the lift arms. Most of the smaller models have the Mitsubishi engine in them also which is a very good engine. My P7010C has a Iveco engine which is very smooth and just sips fuel. Also most of the LS models come with 2 or 3 speed PTO which is very good for saving fuel. You can use the 750 RPM mode rather than 540 and throttle back 70-75% of 540 rated RPM and usually still have the power for bush hogs, tillers, chippers etc. This save hours on you engine also as they are usually timed to the 540 RPM rating so at 75% power you would only log 3 hours in a 4 hour period of running.

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #4  
I'm surprised Kioti came in last place as far as pricing. Prior to buying my Kioti I looked at Mihandra, Kubota & Deere. I found Kioti to offer the best bang for my buck & warranty. Very pleased with my decision.

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #5  
I'm surprised Kioti came in last place as far as pricing. Prior to buying my Kioti I looked at Mihandra, Kubota & Deere. I found Kioti to offer the best bang for my buck & warranty. Very pleased with my decision.

I'm surprised as well that Kioti would be last as far as price goes. About 4 years ago I spent 6 months really looking hard at the Kubota, JD and finally the Kioti. Kioti was heavier, more features, best warranty and best price. Have had my CK35 HST and Woods backhoe for almost 4 years.
Very happy with it. :thumbsup: :)

Attachments

• Logging 009.jpg
    Logging 009.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Logging 008.jpg
    Logging 008.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 352
   / kioti, mahindra, kubota...
Thanks guys.
There are no LS dealers even close to me. I might go visit a new holland dealer today just to complicate things.
The mahindra and the kiotis seem like alot more tractor than the kubota. i could be wrong.
Mahindra 3616 quote was $18100, 3016 $16200. is it worth $1900 for the extra hp?
kioti ck30 $17900. Kubota was in same ballpark.

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota...
Huh, Just heard back from the Kioti dealer, and they want $3600 more for the ck35 than the ck30. Looks like you get quite more tractor with the Mahindra for the same price. Unfortunate, since the Kioti dealer is a lot closer. But it just seems like a lot for a 35hp Kioti tractor.

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #8  
Huh, Just heard back from the Kioti dealer, and they want $3600 more for the ck35 than the ck30. Looks like you get quite more tractor with the Mahindra for the same price. Unfortunate, since the Kioti dealer is a lot closer. But it just seems like a lot for a 35hp Kioti tractor.

Wow can you check another Kioti dealer?. That one seems a bit high..Of course prices vary a lot by region... good luck in what ever you choose..

James K0UA

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #9  
It is high. I take delivery of a DK45se HST with Loader, fiberglass roof, grapple, and 3rd valve for $23.8 on May 1st, and the roof/grapple were $1900.00 of that.

/ kioti, mahindra, kubota... #10  
As far as I know of, the fading to pink problem of the Mahindras has pretty much been taken care of for a few years now.

I believe that LS has some economy models that do not have the telescoping 3 ph links just as many of the different makes have their own economy models that do not have all of the niceties.

I think that you should not even be looking at a Kubota B model, but something in the Kubota L models or in the L--40s to get a more deluxe tractor.

If you are in central Ca, you should make the trip up to Northern Ca and go to both the Mahindra and LS West coast distributors. Lots of tractors to look at and get prices on. Oh, don't forget to check on the Bobcats.

Just my :2cents: