Massey 1240

/ Massey 1240 #1  

jacobsdaddy06

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF1240
Have a chance to buy a 99 massey 1240, with 171 hrs on it, owner bought new in 99 has gradually become ill and recently passed, family now trying to sell, 5' hog, box blade, rock rake, and post hole digger, asking 13k for it all, what do yall think, be using this on 10 acres, for mowing, driveway maintenance and odds and ends.. thanks

/ Massey 1240 #2  
that tractor an equipment sounds like its in like shape from the way your talking.an if you want it,id make an offer on it.

/ Massey 1240 #3  
Have a chance to buy a 99 massey 1240, with 171 hrs on it, owner bought new in 99 has gradually become ill and recently passed, family now trying to sell, 5' hog, box blade, rock rake, and post hole digger, asking 13k for it all, what do yall think, be using this on 10 acres, for mowing, driveway maintenance and odds and ends.. thanks
I had a 1998 massey 1240 (4X4).I bought mine new it was a great tractor.The only reason I sold it was because there were no dealers in my area.After I bought it all 3 dealers in my location closed there doors and moved out of state,coobie

Last edited:
   / Massey 1240 #4  
It does sound like a nice tractor, but you didn't say if it had a front end loader. If it doesn't have a FEL, the price may be a little on the high side.

/ Massey 1240
Sorry yes loader, made the deal
And brought it all home this afternoon, had to try it out cut about 4 strips feels real good in the seat, thanks for the replies

/ Massey 1240 #6  
I think you will be happy with the tractor, a friend of mine has a 1250 and has been very happy with it for over 10 years with no real problems.

/ Massey 1240 #7  
my loader broek the tractor in half..be very wary of the mtg of that loader..specially if its aftermarket..mine wasnt even working hard and it cracked the bellhsg and the tractor caught fire