Trailer question

/ Trailer question #1  

jacobsdaddy06

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF1240
After many months of looking I have finally found a package that I'm going to buy, 99 mf 1240, 4x4, loader, 5' hog, rock rake, box blade, auger, ok now I have a 18' trailer have any of you put that much on a 18' trailer, I'm thinking box blade up front, loader down on that, lay rock rake up in bucket and strap it down, and then I think I can straddle the auger unit around on top of the hog, what do you guys think? Going to get it tomorrow so any info appreciated, reason for one trip dist from location, thanks

/ Trailer question #2  
If the combined weight is within the rated capacity of the trailer (minus the weight of trailer of course) you are half way there. The other half will be making sure the tongue weight is not exceeded. Sorry not familiar with your tractor.

/ Trailer question #3  
Some states require each attachment to be tied down, even if attached to a tractor. If you stack some unattached, each still might need separate straps.

Bruce

/ Trailer question #4  
If the combined weight is within the rated capacity of the trailer (minus the weight of trailer of course) you are half way there. The other half will be making sure the tongue weight is not exceeded. Sorry not familiar with your tractor.

I agree but looking at the tractor data site it appears this 18' trailer will need to be a 10k trailer as the load weight will be about 6000 lbs. Don't think a 7k trailer would be quite large enough unless you have a pickup that you can load the boxblade and phd into.

/ Trailer question
Actually made it with a 16' loaded the rock rake and phd in the back of the truck(disassembled) and box blade tractor and hog on trailer, box blade on front of trl and curled the bucket over the box blade, thanks for the replies