Comparison Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615

/ Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615 #1  

BrokeSolid

Tractor
2007 Mahindra 2615HST, 2009 Grasshopper 928D
Finally moving up to a bigger tractor(bought a DuAL 1015 backhoe at auction, and it's a hair big for my B7500). I'm looking used, so I'm kinda stuck with what's available at the time. Currently these 2 are the best deals in my area that are in my price range and offer what I want(gotta have a belly mower). Both have 72" belly mowers, loaders, and are hydrostatic. The Mahindra has less hours and has been kept inside, the Kubota is well kept(no dents or scratches), but I believe it was under a lean-to(some rust and fading). I know the Kubota is smaller, but both will meet my needs no problem(i have 5 acres, mow 3, move snow, dirt and have a 3 point backhoe). Just need help deciding, what would you guys go for?

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615 #2  
Not familar with these two models... but I would only trust Kubota. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615
I know that the Mahindra is a Mitsubishi, same exact tractor that cub cadet used to sell and is a proven platform. Also that the B2910 is a high end B7800, same mechanical tractor, also a proven platform. Also, the Kubota is a 2004 with 253 hrs, and the Mahindra is a 2007 with 167 hrs. I'm just looking for some opinions because I can't seem to make this decision on my own!

I do have a third option on my plate, but it's a bit more expensive. A 2010 B3200 with loader and mower with 70 hrs. i would need to shell about 3k more. Justifiable?

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615 #4  
The Mahindra is about twice as big of jump in weight from you current tractor, and seems to be a little bigger all around than the B2910, but has less power.

I love my tiny Kubota B, but I think I'd get the Mahindra for the extra weight to support the backhoe, assuming that much of that weight is in frame strength....

/ Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615 #5  
I have a 2005 2615 with OEM backhoe, mounted to a sub-frame. I'm almost certain Mahindra would discourage using a 3PT back hoe on the 2615. I love this tractor. Whatever you buy, load the rear tires; you'll get more traction from your tractor.

I have a 2005 2615 with OEM backhoe, mounted to a sub-frame. I'm almost certain Mahindra would discourage using a 3PT back hoe on the 2615. I love this tractor. Whatever you buy, load the rear tires; you'll get more traction from your tractor.

What we be cause for concern running a 3 pt backhoe on the 2615? or is it just 3 pt backhoes in general, i know they are not preferred but it is what it is?

/ Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615 #7  
What we be cause for concern running a 3 pt backhoe on the 2615? or is it just 3 pt backhoes in general, i know they are not preferred but it is what it is?
I only know it will void the warranty if the hoe breaks something on the tractor. An experience operator may avoid breaking the tractor, others probably won't.

/ Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615 #8  
I'd go with the b2910 or the b3200. The 3200 is a step up in size and power and i think t would be worth the extra $ so you dn't grow out of it as quick.

/ Kubota B2910 or Mahindra 2615 #9  
I choose option C. Probably not your most popular option, but I'd sell that 3ph hoe and get a sub frame backhoe. The 3ph backhoes will void any warrantee and are known to crack a smaller tractor, such as all you're looking at, will crack the tractor at the bell housing and total your tractor causing you to have to buy a whole new tractor. Not to mention the 3ph bh will not be nearly as strong. My $.02

True, option C is not my favorite because of the money difference, but I know it is a good buy considering it is basically a new tractor. I don't plan to use my backhoe for construction and I couldn't justify even owning one if it didn't get one at auction for a good price. That being said, I did use the BH with the B7500 to plant some trees and it worked ok. wouldn't think I would have problems using it with a bigger tractor.

Also, I like the 3 point BH because it doesn't interfere with the mid mower. I know Kubota makes sub frame backhoes that work with mid mowers as well, but also expensive.