Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link?

/ Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link? #1  

jobguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT120
I have an old Minneapolis Moline Jet Star Cat 2 3pt. I need a shorter top link but don't know where to get one. I have been using a Cat 1 top link which works fine on my Bobcat CT120 but on the MM it is too long. Can you point me to a place to purchase a shorter top link?
Thanks

Last edited:
   / Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link? #2  
Try Tractor Supply and Agri-Supply.
Both have websites.

/ Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link?
The Cat 1 and 2 top links I looked at on line and in Fleet farm all have a 16 in or longer barrel length. I am looking for one that has a 12 to 14 inch barrel and is still a Cat one or 2. I am making raised beds in the garden angling the back blade front to back and side to side. This works very well but does not lift quite high enough when I am not in the garden. Leaves a 1-2 inch trench when I travel to and from the garden.

The blade works great on my Bobcat CT 120 for everything else (just not enough traction in the garden to make beds), the barrel on the top link is 2 inches shorter -on the Bobcat- (I might try switching the two, but the smaller length is also smaller diameter and might not take the forces applied by a 50 hp tractor. There are no extra holes in the lower 3pt arms on the MM like the CT 120 has for adjustment.
If I could weld worth a **** I would cut and shorten but ,,, I am a novice welder and with my tremor have trouble with simple welding let alone stuff that needs to be strong. Since I bought my CT 120 this is the only job I need the larger tractor to do.

/ Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link? #4  
Check ebay. I've seen top links listed with all sorts of length bodies.

/ Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link? #6  
How bout getting a hydraulic top link so you can make it any length you want? All in the comfort of your seat :thumbsup:
Although, if you don't have any hydraulics at the back of your tractor it's probably not feasible.

/ Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link? #7  
If you add Pat's Easy Change to your lower links, it will set your hitch point back about three inches. That might be enough to allow your existing top link to work for you.

Thank-you all for your response.
I purchased the Top-link for Cat 1&2 with the 12 inch body from the web site timinsanborn told me about in his post. Since it is rated for Cat 1&2 It should have the strength needed for the job I will be using it for.

/ Where can I get a shorter 3pt top link? #9  
Thank-you all for your response.
I purchased the Top-link for Cat 1&2 with the 12 inch body from the web site timinsanborn told me about in his post. Since it is rated for Cat 1&2 It should have the strength needed for the job I will be using it for.

If you don't mind I am sure we would all like to see pictures of your boxblade bed maker.

30 min ago I was out taking pics when the batteries died. They are now on the charger and I will try again in a few hours.