Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Default Re: Where do you buy your tractor tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Miller View Post
    What would be a reasonable price range to have a tire shop do all the mounting work if I got the rear tires online?

I would check local prices. I got prices online & priced local. After shipping & mounting I would have been $200.00 in the hole if I had bought online
    A Fredricks Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kubota L39 TLB, Bobcat S160 Skid Steer

WOW!!! That's what I'm concerned about. I had some Jeep tires mounted that I bought from a friend and to have them mounted and balanced was a total of $110. AND, I realize there is a lot of difference in a regular Jeep tire than a set of rear 15x19 5R4 tires. No balancing - but a huge difference in size a weight.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's help and advice here and I'll do my homework on getting all my pricing information together - BEFORE - I place the order - locally or online.

Thanks a bunch!

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

tucker tire...

Tractor
    Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    Ive always gotten mine from my Les Schwab dealer.

X2 most of the time! I still go out and get price quotes!
    "keep them pots black, shiny, and full of good Food and Fellowship!"
    Moore Cookie

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by IndyIan View Post
    I was surprised to read that Kioti allows a relatively huge difference in rolling diameters. +-8%! The factory front tires are +1%, but its in the service manual, along with instructions of how to measure, calculate, and adjust rolling circumference with air pressure.
    I'd always try to get tires that come close to 0% rolling difference but you have some range to play with if you want to put some wide R4's on the front with R1's on the rear for example.
    Interesting range. The negative side would be horrible because the fronts would always be pushed in 4wd. 0 OTOH is just fine going straight, but still poor for maneuvering since the fronts start to be pushed as soon as you turn. My 7520 is like that -- really tears up ground when turning in 4wd. A +% is good, and if the front end is robust more is better. Our Kubs have a lot of front lead. Dont know the figure, but in 4wd they cause notable disturbance of the packed gravel on our drive. The Kubs feel fine going straight, and turn great and dont cause a lot of disturbance when turning. I plan to go up a size when I replace the fronts on the Mahindra.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Jim I am curious how many hours you have on your L39 to wear out the rear tires? I have replaced the front tires on one tractor at 1300 hours but never the rears. My L39 at 450 hrs still has good tread. Do you run on pave roads a lot with your use?

MarkV

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

we have 1 or 2 local tire shops that we can order our tractor tires from.

Are your tires loaded? If so I would let a tire dealer mess with them. If a dealer doesn't sell tractor tires then chances are they are not set up to handle them. If they are they are not going to be gentle on your wallet if you have your own tires.

I changed my tires my self on my 580K. Being a backhoe it's pretty easy. I used the outriggers to lift it up and the BH with a chain to lift the tire. Once on the ground a tooth on the bead and it easily broke the bead. I used two crow bars and some soapy water to pop the old tire right off and the new one on. The wheels don't have the rib formed in them to help keep the tire seated so it took only 5 or 10 psi to seat. They did have tubes, just put a little air in them to give them some shape to help avoid pinching them.

If you do do it yourself just remember even at 5 psi there is a lot of air so it can be dangerous. Dealers have a cage they use for that 1 in a million accident. I only air them up outside and I have a hose that can attach to the valve stem that allows me to be around a corner when putting air to them while beading. I also make sure nobody is in a place to get hurt in case something does go wrong.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    MT180D

I went to a large truck tire center.
    They were really well equipped to do the job.
    Total labor was $40. each for rears which included cleaning & painting rims, remove CaCl, new tubes and filling with beetle juice, dismounting and installing.
    I did trailer the tractor to their shop.
    Took all of 1 hour .

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kubota L39 TLB, Bobcat S160 Skid Steer

Lots of good info here! I have about 950 hrs on the 2006 L39. Twelve months ago I bought it used (820hrs) from a local heavy equipment rental center and local kubota dealership about two a mile from where I live. I've been watching that L39 with lust in my eye and one day I stopped in and talked to the owner. Timing was right and the stars and moon lighned up and I believe I got a great deal. I've put 100+ hrs on it and its never been back to the shop.

All that to say I have no idea how the tires were used. I could probably get by with these tires another two years - but - Mama said she thought a new set would make a great Father's Day gift. Heck - I'm not going to argue about that!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12