Where do you buy your tractor tires?

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #1  

Jim Miller

Bronze Member
Tractor
2019 Kubota M62 TLB, Bobcat T 650 Trac Steer
I've got a Kubota L39 and the rear tires (15 x 19 5R4) need to be replaced this year. I've never bought tractor tires so I'd like some advice on where to start. Do most of you buy at the local tractor dealer or a chain tire store or online.

If I go the "online" route I know that I have to find a shop to do the mounting - so that's a factor too. No way do I have the muscle or equipment to do a job like that.

Thanks!

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #2  
I mostly buy from large farm tire dealers, we have a few around here. The dealer is probably the next best place, although generally a little more expensive.

With that said, be sure to buy the exact same tires as you currently have, same brand and everything. Even in a given tire size, different manufacturers will make the tires different heights, sometimes by as much as a few inches. As you may know, this can wreak havoc with the 4wd system.

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #3  
Try Ken Jones..online....I have 4x4 too..but might not buy the same brand, but wiil adhear to like type and sizes..

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires?
Never really thought about possibly needing to by the same brand as I have now. I absolutely would be careful to get the right tire size. I've not had any problems with my L39 in 4W dirive and I've not had a problem with shifting between 2W and 4W. I sure want to keep it that way too.

I know every dealer and tire shop is different - but - if I did buy the tires online and then took the TLB to a tire shop that has the equipment and experience in working on heavy equipment tires - how much should I expect to have them do all the work? Again, I know their all different - but I'd appreciate a general idea.

Thanks a bunch!

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #5  
I was surprised to read that Kioti allows a relatively huge difference in rolling diameters. +-8%! The factory front tires are +1%, but its in the service manual, along with instructions of how to measure, calculate, and adjust rolling circumference with air pressure.
I'd always try to get tires that come close to 0% rolling difference but you have some range to play with if you want to put some wide R4's on the front with R1's on the rear for example.

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #6  
Ive always gotten mine from my Les Schwab dealer.

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #7  
Try Ken Jones..online....I have 4x4 too..but might not buy the same brand, but wiil adhear to like type and sizes..

Checked out that site and it looks very good. The prices seemed reasonable. Wonder what shipping is on a 170 lb tire? I need to call for a quote. Thanks for the info!

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #8  
We buy from a local tractor tire dealer and we have mounted different brands front and rear as sometimes they have been unavailable; not at all uncommon to see that. I have different brands on my L5030 now. We have been doing this as long as I can remember.

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires? #9  
I normally use my local Firestone dealer. They have treated me well. In the odd situation that they did not have a specific type in a specific size I have gone else where. They were smaller tires so shipping was not a killer.

/ Where do you buy your tractor tires?
What would be a reasonable price range to have a tire shop do all the mounting work if I got the rear tires online?