Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kubota L39 TLB, Bobcat S160 Skid Steer

Default Where do you buy your tractor tires?

I've got a kubota L39 and the rear tires (15 x 19 5R4) need to be replaced this year. I've never bought tractor tires so I'd like some advice on where to start. Do most of you buy at the local tractor dealer or a chain tire store or online.

If I go the "online" route I know that I have to find a shop to do the mounting - so that's a factor too. No way do I have the muscle or equipment to do a job like that.

Thanks!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200, Ford NAA, IH 454D, Case 1845C

Default Re: Where do you buy your tractor tires?

I mostly buy from large farm tire dealers, we have a few around here. The dealer is probably the next best place, although generally a little more expensive.

With that said, be sure to buy the exact same tires as you currently have, same brand and everything. Even in a given tire size, different manufacturers will make the tires different heights, sometimes by as much as a few inches. As you may know, this can wreak havoc with the 4wd system.
    Kubota B3200
    Ford NAA Jubilee
    International 454D
    Case 1845C skid steer
    JD 265

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Try Ken Jones..online....I have 4x4 too..but might not buy the same brand, but wiil adhear to like type and sizes..
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Bronze Member
    Tractor

Never really thought about possibly needing to by the same brand as I have now. I absolutely would be careful to get the right tire size. I've not had any problems with my L39 in 4W dirive and I've not had a problem with shifting between 2W and 4W. I sure want to keep it that way too.

I know every dealer and tire shop is different - but - if I did buy the tires online and then took the TLB to a tire shop that has the equipment and experience in working on heavy equipment tires - how much should I expect to have them do all the work? Again, I know their all different - but I'd appreciate a general idea.

Thanks a bunch!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST

I was surprised to read that Kioti allows a relatively huge difference in rolling diameters. +-8%! The factory front tires are +1%, but its in the service manual, along with instructions of how to measure, calculate, and adjust rolling circumference with air pressure.
    I'd always try to get tires that come close to 0% rolling difference but you have some range to play with if you want to put some wide R4's on the front with R1's on the rear for example.
    2011 DK40SE HST

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Ive always gotten mine from my Les Schwab dealer.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240

Quote Originally Posted by jonyyuma View Post
    Try Ken Jones..online....I have 4x4 too..but might not buy the same brand, but wiil adhear to like type and sizes..
    Checked out that site and it looks very good. The prices seemed reasonable. Wonder what shipping is on a 170 lb tire? I need to call for a quote. Thanks for the info!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

We buy from a local tractor tire dealer and we have mounted different brands front and rear as sometimes they have been unavailable; not at all uncommon to see that. I have different brands on my L5030 now. We have been doing this as long as I can remember.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

I normally use my local Firestone dealer. They have treated me well. In the odd situation that they did not have a specific type in a specific size I have gone else where. They were smaller tires so shipping was not a killer.
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Bronze Member
    Tractor

What would be a reasonable price range to have a tire shop do all the mounting work if I got the rear tires online?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast