Mahindra or LS?

/ Mahindra or LS? #1  

oakthorpelake

Tractor
LS G3033
I have been looking at tractors for over a year now and I am ready to pull the trigger, but I am debating between Mahindra 3016 and LS G3033. Both seem to have very good dealers in my area.
Do any owners have opinions of these models?

/ Mahindra or LS? #4  
I note that the LS has advantage in HP and 12 vs 8speed transmission. That latter would not be an issue if you were getting the HST version. Are they equal priced?
larry

/ Mahindra or LS? #6  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Mahindra or LS? #7  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum.

/ Mahindra or LS? #8  
I like the fit and finish of the 3016, but I didn't like only 8 speeds and didn't want a Hydro, so I ended up with a MF 1635 with a 12 speed power shuttle. If you are looking at a hydro I'd definitely go with the 3016, it's just a more refined unit vs the LS. The LS is heavy and strong, but a little lacking in the refinement.

/ Mahindra or LS?
Thank you all for your input, but I have ordered the LS G3033. It should be delivered in about 2 weeks. Overall I was indecisive about this tractor or the Mahindra 3016 but I don't think that I could have gone wrong with either one.
A few differences that I noticed: LS has steel hyd. lines on the FEL=Mahindra uses rubber hose; All blue steel on the LS=Mahindra has red plastic upper fenders that were turning pink on 1 month old tractors. 5 more HP on the LS, 12/12 gearing on LS vs. 8/8 on Mahindra, $500 more for LS.
I have been looking at the Mahindra for quite a while now and every time I see one they are rusting around the axles and the PTO.
The LS dealer threw in 1 set of rear remotes, folding ROPS and a rear worklight. He has been a Montana dealer for years, so I know that he's not going anywhere.
Thanks again!

/ Mahindra or LS? #10  
oakthorpelake said:
Thank you all for your input, but I have ordered the LS G3033. It should be delivered in about 2 weeks. Overall I was indecisive about this tractor or the Mahindra 3016 but I don't think that I could have gone wrong with either one.
A few differences that I noticed: LS has steel hyd. lines on the FEL=Mahindra uses rubber hose; All blue steel on the LS=Mahindra has red plastic upper fenders that were turning pink on 1 month old tractors. 5 more HP on the LS, 12/12 gearing on LS vs. 8/8 on Mahindra, $500 more for LS.
I have been looking at the Mahindra for quite a while now and every time I see one they are rusting around the axles and the PTO.
The LS dealer threw in 1 set of rear remotes, folding ROPS and a rear worklight. He has been a Montana dealer for years, so I know that he's not going anywhere.
Thanks again!

Interesting...I'm in the same place between m and ls. What the final price for the LS if you don't mind sharing?