Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Industry, Pa- - 5 mi. north of Ohio River
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510, Ford '48 8N, Ford '53 Jubilee, Power King 1614

Default Re: Retiring this week

Congrats Bill , I retired 01 jan 2012 and have not regretted it yet...Aviation all those years. General Aviation, Contract Maint. at Topgun on the Mig 28's(F5E's) and 24 yrs Airline. Now trying to do all I wanted to do and never could. May have to find a job to find the time to get stuff done.
    Enjoy your retirement.
    Kioti 2012 DS4510 with FEL
    Ford 1948 8N
    Ford 1953 Jubilee
    Power King 1614
    Various 3 pt. equipment
    Sold: Ford 1946 2N, Kioti 2011 DS3510

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Quote Originally Posted by BillBeyer View Post
    Retiring this week. 28 years. Hope to tinker around with some equipment and tractors, read this site more than I do now. Can learn a lot from the people on here.
    Bill
    Congrats on your retirement. Keep posting and when you tinker, post photos

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

Congratulations on making it, Bill. Now you just gotta stay busy on your terms.

Tractor
    new holland tn70

congrats Bill i hope you enjoy your retirement for many years to come

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Congratulations on your retirement.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Congrats and hope you can now get all those postponed jobs done. I have retired twice last year and my company keeps coaxing me back for "just a couple of months" I retired in June and they called me up needing me badly on a job in Wyoming so I go up there for 5 weeks as temp while they find a permanent manager. I got home Aug 22 and along the end of Dec they call again, Would you go to Algeria for a couple of months, we have a big problem with welding procedures and some documentation issue from contractors that are finishing up and dont have there prelim documents approved that should have been done before start of construction. Wont take but a couple months. I got here Jan 18th after spending Jan 5th till 16th in Houston on prep work. Still here but light at the end of the tunnel is now in sight. I'm not even going to say never again. The good thing about the job is that I made enough money to buy another tractor and heavy equipment trailer to haul it on. NOW I just have to get home to pick them all up as they are scattered from Houston (trailer) to Jennings La. (B26 TLB). I dont know what else I can buy right now so next 30 days are going to be boring.
    Anyway I hope you enjoy YOUR retirement. Even after 41 years with this company they still wont forget me. Deputy Director asked me if I would be interested in going to Australia to work which I politely declined.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    GR2120 L3240(sold) B1700(sold)

Congrats!
    I heard that some have a hard time with retirement. I do not have that problem after over 39 years at Ford.
    You'll Love it! Enjoy and wish you a very long retirement.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    GR2120 L3240(sold) B1700(sold)

Sounds like you can write your own check. Lots of toys yet to be bought......

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Congrats and hope you can now get all those postponed jobs done. I have retired twice last year and my company keeps coaxing me back for "just a couple of months" I retired in June and they called me up needing me badly on a job in Wyoming so I go up there for 5 weeks as temp while they find a permanent manager. I got home Aug 22 and along the end of Dec they call again, Would you go to Algeria for a couple of months, we have a big problem with welding procedures and some documentation issue from contractors that are finishing up and dont have there prelim documents approved that should have been done before start of construction. Wont take but a couple months. I got here Jan 18th after spending Jan 5th till 16th in Houston on prep work. Still here but light at the end of the tunnel is now in sight. I'm not even going to say never again. The good thing about the job is that I made enough money to buy another tractor and heavy equipment trailer to haul it on. NOW I just have to get home to pick them all up as they are scattered from Houston (trailer) to Jennings La. (B26 TLB). I dont know what else I can buy right now so next 30 days are going to be boring.
    Anyway I hope you enjoy YOUR retirement. Even after 41 years with this company they still wont forget me. Deputy Director asked me if I would be interested in going to Australia to work which I politely declined.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 FEL, New Holland TC40 FEL and Backhoe, New Holland TC29, IH Farmall 806 LP with FEL, Exmark Zero Turn

Wow, Thanks for all the congratulations. My son is 9 so we plan on having alot of fun running around fishing, shooting, and other work activities along with our tractor work. I am 57, so I won't start SS for several more years. To bad my wife is younger and is going to work a few more years.
    Bill Beyer
    Brighton Tn.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830HST

Congratulations Bill! I have just over 1 1/2 years, left. I am ready, now!

I don't think most of the people on this forum would have problems of not finding enough to do. There's a whole world out there!
    Here's what I think retirement feels like:
    Where the **** is Matt? on Vimeo
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast