Which Compact with Cab to Buy??

/ Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #21  
With all due respect - Why do people answer question with GO SEARCH? It's amazing that you can type an epistle on where to search how to search WHY to search yet you won't answer the OP question which takes LESS TIME - LESS WRITING.

Furthermore, with new models, new technology coming out DAILY, any search is rendered USELESS along with advice to GO SEARCH.

Telling any person to GO SEARCH is doing this site an injustice.

When a person asks a question here that person wants the LATEST and greatest info. A search will drudge up records from 2001. Who has the time to slog through this type of search?

Telling a person to SEARCH is not helping anyone. Seeking FRESH info might bring the answer " I just read five minutes ago that brand X is coming out with this and that next week. See you won't get that from a search....AND if you did it would take you quite a while to find that in a 25,000 thread search.

So how about we all, just answer the question and ASSUME the person asking has already done a search, it's a much faster answer to anyone who asks a question, AND it's much more informative to all the readers of that thread.

I have to respectfully disagree. There are quite a few posts asking basic questions that could easily be answered by simply reading prior threads. Of course there still may be questions that follow such research and those deserve fresh answers. However, just repeating ourselves here by rehashing old recommendations or issues doesn't keep the forum fresh. How many times do we need to start from scratch answering questions like "what size tractor do I need?" or "are turf tires better than Ags? or "which tractors are made in the USA?" or "should I use synthetic oil?".

Everyone these days knows how to search and presumably they found TBN through some sort of search engine. I would agree that for someone first accessing this site the menu to start a search may not be obvious as it could be but it is still pretty convenient once you take the time to look for it. I recall the habit of one of my old teachers who would happily engage in a discussion but would not answer a simple question he thought you could have figured out for yourself with a bit of research.

/ Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #22  
"Originally Posted by Cat_Driver" With all due respect - Why do people answer question with GO SEARCH? It's amazing that you can type an epistle on where to search how to search WHY to search yet you won't answer the OP question which takes LESS TIME - LESS WRITING.

Furthermore, with new models, new technology coming out DAILY, any search is rendered USELESS along with advice to GO SEARCH.

When a person asks a question here that person wants the LATEST and greatest info. A search will drudge up records from 2001. Who has the time to slog through this type of search?

Telling a person to SEARCH is not helping anyone. Seeking FRESH info might bring the answer " I just read five minutes ago that brand X is coming out with this and that next week. See you won't get that from a search....AND if you did it would take you quite a while to find that in a 25,000 thread search.

So how about we all, just answer the question and ASSUME the person asking has already done a search, it's a much faster answer to anyone who asks a question, AND it's much more informative to all the readers of that thread.

I agree 100%. Asking questions and getting fresh responses is what makes sites like TBN grow. While the "search" feature is awesome it should never deter someone from asking a question, no matter how basic.

BTW, go look at the Deere cab IMO it's the best in the business. For your needs the 3320-3520 sound about right.

/ Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #23  
I agree 100%. Asking questions and getting fresh responses is what makes sites like TBN grow. While the "search" feature is awesome it should never deter someone from asking a question, no matter how basic.

+2

Also, each individual's situation is different. (property size, tasks, budget, etc...)
Asking a question will get more "customized results" than preforming a search...

/ Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #24  
With all due respect - Why do people answer question with GO SEARCH? It's amazing that you can type an epistle on where to search how to search WHY to search yet you won't answer the OP question which takes LESS TIME - LESS WRITING.

Is a bit off topic but I can agree with CD here. I do not take what this poster stated however as one of those type posts CD is complaining about which I have seen here and annoys me just as much as it annoys CD. I took what this poster stated as an addendum and useful advice for a new poster. "Additional information can be found" type post and not the insolent type post of "go do a search and stop wasting our time" What may be old hat for the more seasoned TBN'er is fresh questioning for the newer poster. Everyone's brain works differently and as a result, I'll simply always answer the question first. Of course this is coming from a guy who cannot read 2 pages in a row before his mind becomes snow in an avalanche where 2 pages is "prolific" reading.

/ Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #25  
t. I recall the habit of one of my old teachers who would happily engage in a discussion but would not answer a simple question he thought you could have figured out for yourself with a bit of research.
This is the type of teacher that made me stop asking questions as I was not wired like them. If they could only have crawled inside my mind for 2 seconds instead of staying in theirs. It probably would would have made them scream however so I couldn't blame them if they didn't.

/ Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #26  
yes sir!!!! very expensive lawn mower! Ill tell you what though. Awfully nice to mow with no bugs doing the spiraling kamikazee dive in my ear and sweating. Love the a/c and radio in the quiet cab. The big selling feature for me was the pressuirsed cab and no noise inside. I like to drink and talk on the phone too while im mowing so this seemed to be the only option:confused:

I would say that the B3000 / B3030 cab is acceptable for heat / cold but NOT for quietness. I was reminded of this today when I missed a cell phone call while in the cab - I did not hear the phone even though it was right by my hand in the cup holder. The radio is almost pointless. Also, I remember being pleased with having a cab when it started raining.

If the JD cab is that quiet then it will be on my list next time.

Again, I suggest taking a test drive in the Mahindra with cab - specifically, and importantly, the model that you are interested in. If noise will be an issue for you this will be the only way to find out. Also,if you are running a rear mount snow blower check out the operation of the tractor in reverse. Can you comfortably reach and operate the hand / foot controls? I have found that my foot is more comfortable on my 7510 than on the 3030 when doing backwards work, but that's just me.

A cab also changes how you get on/off ( in/out ? ) of the machine. Another reason why checking it out in person is important. Tall / short / skinny, or not, all yield different comfort levels.

I am very interested in hearing other opinions on the functionality of their cabbed tractors.

Lastly (for now), like shortThrow50, I too like to drink and talk on the phone :D

Last edited:
   / Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #27  
I have a Kubota L43120 HST with an aftermarket Curtis cab. Last summer, I test drove a NH with a CVT trans; at the Wright' Corner dealer just north of Lockport, NY.

The NH cab allowed better viewing for 2 reasons than a current Kubota
1. cab was larger, didn't feel as close as Kubota;
2. hood slopes "down" allowing much better view when loading or grappeling - i.e. not horizontal like Kubota.

I recently read on the NH forum that although NH intended to discontinue the CVT, they recently reconsidered. Try them out youself though.

/ Which Compact with Cab to Buy?? #28  
I would say that the B3000 / B3030 cab is acceptable for heat / cold but NOT for quietness. I was reminded of this today when I missed a cell phone call while in the cab - I did not hear the phone even though it was right by my hand in the cup holder. The radio is almost pointless. Also, I remember being pleased with having a cab when it started raining.

If the JD cab is that quiet then it will be on my list next time.

You got that right. I wasted a lot of time & energy installing a stereo and speakers in my B3030 HSDCC. Could have saved a lot of time and a few hundred bucks by just going with the AO Safety Worktunes headphone that I ended up buying for the zero turn mower.
So far the B3030 has done whatever I needed in all other aspects of owning a tractor. But the cab noise is definitely a minus.