Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 3320 with comfort cab

Default Which Compact with Cab to Buy??

Been pricing and looking at a kubota B3000 and a Mahindra 3616 both with the factory installed cabs. Any thoughts on these or any other make with a cab around the 30ish HP range? The Mahindra is around a $1,000.00 dollars cheaper but not many around this area. Thanks.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Default Re: Which Compact with Cab to Buy??

Depends on what you are using it for. The kubota 3030 cab is very nice and optimized for mowing (light weight, medium strength loader). The Mahindra is heavier and I believe has a stronger loader so is probably better for lifting and field work. Also, Kioti sells a CK35 with a dealer installed cab (heat only I think) that would cost quite a bit less but also would not be quite the same fit/finish with regards to the cab itself. The Kioti tractor is absolutely the equal of the others though and priced closer to the Mahindra.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

welcome to TBN.

THIS general topic has been extensively discussed....suggest you use the search feature of TBN and spend a lot of time reading the views and ideas of many others. Many considerations are involved but generally involve your needs, dealer , pocket book, ergonomics, features.

Truly, a wealth of info for you is already here...just read about it and enjoy TBN's wealth of experience and expertise.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    JD 3320 with comfort cab

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Depends on what you are using it for. The kubota 3030 cab is very nice and optimized for mowing (light weight, medium strength loader). The Mahindra is heavier and I believe has a stronger loader so is probably better for lifting and field work. Also, Kioti sells a CK35 with a dealer installed cab (heat only I think) that would cost quite a bit less but also would not be quite the same fit/finish with regards to the cab itself. The Kioti tractor is absolutely the equal of the others though and priced closer to the Mahindra.
    I would be using to mow around 5 acres and medium loader work. I have a 5.5' rear snowblower that I would set up with hydraulics and a remote for blowing snow. I use the loader for snow plowing and some landscape work and the blower for large drifts or for blowing back snow banks. I currently have a JD 3120 and it looks to be built more like the mahindra than the kubota as far as beefier looking. The other question I have is resale or trade in value on the Mahindra. I know the Kubota holds their value but not sure about the Mahindra.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

It's been said about a million times here on TBN, but nothing can beat a ZTR for mowing grass. I do 3 acres and wouldn't consider doing it any other way, 5 acres is a lot of grass, ZTR is the only way to go.

If the tractor has to do double duty, as IT has said, the Mahindra is heavier, the kubota is lighter and better for mowing. I'd assume you have a septic system. There's no way I'd take my Kioti CK30 (30 hp) over mine, it comes in at 6500#, but I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be even taking something as light as the B3030 (B3300 I think is the new model?) over it. I think the Mahindra is somewhere in between.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by concord maple View Post
    I would be using to mow around 5 acres and medium loader work. I have a 5.5' rear snowblower that I would set up with hydraulics and a remote for blowing snow. I use the loader for snow plowing and some landscape work and the blower for large drifts or for blowing back snow banks. I currently have a JD 3120 and it looks to be built more like the mahindra than the kubota as far as beefier looking. The other question I have is resale or trade in value on the Mahindra. I know the Kubota holds their value but not sure about the Mahindra.
    For your work the Kubota B3030 seems a fine choice. You are right that Kubotas retain value better than anything else and if you intend to sell in a few years that should argue for the Kubota. On the other hand, Mahindra and Kioti are both making inroads and deliver excellent products with great bang for the buck. Think Honda/Toyota vs Hyundai comparison. All are very capable machines.

Tractor
    JD 3320 with comfort cab

Looks like the kubota would have a lot better resale value based on what I have read but that was what guys were getting 5 or 6 years ago.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by concord maple View Post
    Looks like the kubota would have a lot better resale value based on what I have read but that was what guys were getting 5 or 6 years ago.
    I won't say that Kubota doesn't have one of the best resale values, but I disagree that there's much difference between all the big players these days. I include Mahindra (one of the worlds larges tractor manufactures by the way) and Daedong (who have been around since the 40's and now build tractors under the Kioti brand and build Bobcat,Landini and McCormick CUTs). The fact is that ALL tractors are good these days and they're ALL expensive, both new and used. They maintain so much value, that for me, I decided to buy a new one last time.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I won't say that kubota doesn't have one of the best resale values, but I disagree that there's much difference between all the big players these days. I include Mahindra (one of the worlds larges tractor manufactures by the way) and Daedong (who have been around since the 40's and now build tractors under the Kioti brand and build Bobcat,Landini and McCormick CUTs). The fact is that ALL tractors are good these days and they're ALL expensive, both new and used. They maintain so much value, that for me, I decided to buy a new one last time.
    All of the mentioned tractors are excellent well proven machines. That doesn't negate the point that JD and Kubota have a marketing advantage and that they have generally better resale values. It is made up by the fact that the other brands are less expensive to buy but I still have to believe that Kubota and JD are going to hold value in the first 5-8 years a little better.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    All of the mentioned tractors are excellent well proven machines. That doesn't negate the point that JD and kubota have a marketing advantage and that they have generally better resale values. It is made up by the fact that the other brands are less expensive to buy but I still have to believe that Kubota and JD are going to hold value in the first 5-8 years a little better.
    Mostly in the first 5 years its better to buy new, Finance, warranty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast