Comparison 4wd or 2wd Tractor??

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor??
I got the 4wd on the truck and I couldn't do without it. The good thing about the 4wd tractor is it would easier to sell the tractor down the road since everyone wants 4wd and a loader. You might pay more now, but you'll get it back if you ever sell it.

I've slopped around a lot of mud putting out hay, but haven't gotten stuck yet. I have gotten stuck before doing other stuff, but used the front end loader or pulled with the other tractor to get out. The 2 bigger tractors don't even have a locking rear end.

I'm in the Commerce area, how about yourself?

15-20 miles southwest of Greenville

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor??
thanks for all the great feedback everyone has some really good points unfortunately now I 'm on the fence again :confused:.

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor?? #33  
don't worry... you'll get off the fence.. though you might get back on it 3-4 more times before you buy... by then you will be good at climbing though!

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor??
don't worry... you'll get off the fence.. though you might get back on it 3-4 more times before you buy... by then you will be good at climbing though!

LOL... at least I'll be good at climbing!! :laughing:

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor??
After viewing comments on the forum about Mahindra I decided do look up a new Mahindra 5010 cab gear drive with loader and much to my surpise it seems like a reasonable deal. Called the local dealer they said MSRP 26,500. I have a couple of questions for you guys who bought new from any dealer but ideally Mahindra.... Was there any negotiation or was it take or leave it type deal? the 5010 comes with a one rear remote... how hard is it add another one or two remotes? Any helpful tips for getting the best deal possible would be awesome! I think this might be the direction I go Mahindra is offering 0% for 60 months or up to 84 months @ 4.25% any thoughts on this?? thanks

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor?? #36  
Shibaura, I bought my New Holland TND70D new in 2000. I am sure that things have changed some in the meantime. I opted for the front wheel assist option because I knew from the git go that I was going to be doing a lot of fel work. The FWA option cost about $4k and has been well worth it. I also got a 12 speed (geared) transmission with an electric shuttle. My tractor came with rear remotes some of which were used to power the FEL. I was left with one rear remote. I also wanted a remote mounted on the FEL so that I could operate the side shift on my pallet forks and a hydraulic auger drive. My FEL has a quick-tach so that I can use many of the same implements on my tractor that I use on my skid loader. I was able to negotiate the addition/installation of the front remote for very little money when I purchased the tractor. I later had another rear remote installed to power a back-hoe attachment. As I remember, that one was significantly more expensive to install. Twelve years later I am still very happy with this tractor. I have had very little trouble with it and it has proven very versatile.

Good luck with your purchase. My recommendation to you, if you buy a new tractor, is get everything you even think you might want on it at the time of purchase. Since tractors are usually a long term investment, you won't be sorry.

Tim

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor??
thank you Tim. I will definitely consider that.

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor?? #38  
tmc_31 said:
My recommendation to you, if you buy a new tractor, is get everything you even think you might want on it at the time of purchase. Since tractors are usually a long term investment, you won't be sorry.

Tim

I agree. Having only had my new tractor for little over a week. I wish would have gotten box blade or scrape blade when purchased.

/ 4wd or 2wd Tractor?? #39  
You might get some pricing on Mahindra in the Mahindra forum so you can compare. Just ask for pricing on the model that you are interested in and the features that you want. I'm sure someone has bought one recently.
Negotiation on the price is up to the dealer. I have heard of them that wouldnt budge from their price while others do. Lots to do with the sales commission that the owner has set for the salesmen or if they work on salary alone (not to common)