Comparison Tractor suggestions .....

/ Tractor suggestions ..... #1  

Montepolice58

Tractor
None yet
Hey y'all! It's a pleasure to be on the forum, I've been doing to much reading here lately. I'm in central Florida and own 20 acres, 15 wooded with 5 pasture. I'm looking for a 40-50 horse 4wd tractor with a loader. The tractor will be mainly used for the property, but will be putting it to work on my days off for extra $$. Business use would be tree work with a grapple attachment, grading driveways and house pads, bush hogging. I'm a motor officer now days, but used to operate heavy equipment for site development and land clearing years back.

What do you guys recommend? Here is what I've been looking at.....kioti dk45se hst and ls r4047 hst. The mahindra 5035 was nice but to expensive. Both the kioti and ls are around $22,700 with a loader.

Thanks for your thoughts!

/ Tractor suggestions ..... #2  
a nice NH 5610s with a loader might be nice.. probably cheap nowadays too..

/ Tractor suggestions .....
A buddy suggested this....

Buy an older tractor with a box blade for grading and buy a small wheel loader for dirt work and small land clearing/tree service, such as a kubota r520 or similar.

Thoughts, opinions?

/ Tractor suggestions ..... #4  
A buddy suggested this....

Buy an older tractor with a box blade for grading and buy a small wheel loader for dirt work and small land clearing/tree service, such as a kubota r520 or similar.

Thoughts, opinions?
Not trying to be a smart a**, but you didn't really mention these things in your first post.

You need to kinda let us in on the same discussions you've had with your buddy. We are working in the dark here.

You need come up with some kind of decision of what your business will consist of..........digging foundations, or bushogging fields:confused::confused::confused:

I believe the first post said, bush hogging, scraping house pads/driveways and small land clearing/tree work. I was going with a new kioti 45-50 hp tractor with a grapple, bush hog, box blade for it all, but my buddy suggested buying a small wheel loader with a grapple and an older tractor for grading/hogging.

/ Tractor suggestions ..... #6  
Lots of choices in the 45 to 50 HP range. I've been shopping around that category myself. One difference between brands is how they handle a third function on a loader and where they mount the control for it. Some use a transfer switch that cuts off the dump piston on the bucket and lets that function of the joystick control the grapple but you have to do one or the other not both at the same time. I haven't found a really good set up as yet on a tractor that size. There may be several I just haven't found them. I don't see why they cant make a joy stick with three functions. The kids game boxes have them, why not on a real machine.
If your going to do a lot of grapple work I'd look for a tractor that has a setup you find convenient and functional.

/ Tractor suggestions ..... #7  
I just got a Kubota MX5100 HST, great tractor so far, lots of power, comfortable to operate, good value,,
Walter t

/ Tractor suggestions ..... #8  
You already named two good tractors and either would work for what you are doing. I am not that familiar with the smaller LS tractors but you should make sure what ever you buy has telescopic lift arms. Sounds like you will be switching equipment a lot and those are indespensible for quick and easy switches. I know the Kioti in the size you looked at has them for sure plus a rear lever to raise the lift arms which is nice but can be done by hand in most instances. If you always hook up the left side (facing forward from behind the tractor) you can then adjust the right side to get the ball on the pin.
I am not sure how you had planned to clear trees unless it is just bushhog them down which is what I do by pushing them over with the FEL and then shattering them with the bush hog. I the take any large trunk pieces to a pile using the toothbar on the FEL but if you order a grapple with a root rake, that should work really well for brush clean up.
Moving dirt will require a bucket with tooth bar to dig unless you are in sandy soil whereas clearing will work better with a rootrake and grapple so make sure your tractor has a QA bucket on the FEL also. Most larger and new ones do, but older model used may not and would be a PIA to try to change out attachments without it

I think I'll just go with a new kioti dk45se with the hydro tranny. With the free FEL, I'm looking at $20,790 which is a great price. Add a root rake grapple, box blade, bush hog and call it a day. Thanks.

/ Tractor suggestions ..... #10  
Free FEL?? Got to doubt that just like Zero percent interest. They may be cutting the price of the tractor way down because things aren't selling well in a recession but the cost of the loader and the financing are in there. Be sure of it Just like Prego sauce "It's in there" :)