How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase?

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
As for me, I really did not buy anything major AFTER I joined TBN, so I cannot say the members here influenced my choice or decision in any way. That is probably my loss. But for those who joined this site before buying a tractor, etc. just how much did the information and advice here help you decide what to buy, or what not to buy?

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #2  
I never would have considered Kubota prior to doing my TBN research...

Over the years I have also purchased items from advertisers here.

TBN has lots of members willing to share knowledge which is often rare these days.

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #3  
Was not considering Kioti and I didn't know about Bobcat.

Bought a CT235.

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #4  
I was leaning towards Kubota with 3 dealers within 40 miles each, but all the high marks from posts and forums sent me the way of the Kioti... Proud owner of a CK30 and a few minor mods :thumbsup:

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #5  
Can say it influenced me either. I bought before I joined also. And as far as implements go, those I buy used on c-list at really good prices compared to the norm. I search almost daily looking for that next good implement deal. Some I re-sell, some I keep. I have only bought 2 in the last year, so it shows how picky I am about the right implement for the right price:thumbsup:

I will say though, before TBN I probabally never would have even though about a toothbar/bucket teeth. But constantly hearing the high remarks, I bought bolt on teeth. They work great.

I never would have considered Kubota prior to doing my TBN research...

Over the years I have also purchased items from advertisers here.

TBN has lots of members willing to share knowledge which is often rare these days.

I gotta ask why is this??? Kubota has excellent brand recognition. Why were you leary before TBN??? I could understand if something like a kioti or mahindra, but kubota?????

Unless this was 20 years ago you are talking about, but TBN wasnt around back then:D

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #6  
My Kubota dealer mentioned TBN, so I joined up.

And I asked TBN what the "Cadillac" or "BMW" of tractors is :laughing: 'cuz I know myself very well ... I would be very unhappy later to learn that some other tractor had something that I now desperately wanted & didn't get with the tractor I bought. So, I "might" have discovered Kubota Grand L's without TBN, but also maybe not :(.

So I owe some TBN members a big thanks for that advice, if I have not already done so .. THANKS! :thumbsup:

I'll add: I had been thinking green all the way & never would've dreamed I'd be perfectly happy owning a bright orange Japanese tractor! :laughing: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #7  
I gotta ask why is this???

Kubota has excellent brand recognition. Why were you leary before TBN??? I could understand if something like a kioti or mahindra, but kubota???

Unless this was 20 years ago you are talking about, but TBN wasnt around back then:D

Should have preferenced my comments by saying that I live in Oakland CA... a city of over 400,000 people and an area with 9 million... there was and is not a single Kubota Dealer in my county... even adjacent ones... Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo, etc.

Farmer friends told me to get a Deere and I drove to my nearest John Deere Dealer out near Stockton... twice... and I couldn't get the time of day... I was told it was Harvest Time and only one sales person deals with compact tractors... called several weeks later after no reply and was told the salesman had just left on vacation after a busy harvest season... I stopped by again and met the salesman and he apologised saying they really don't deal much in homeowner type equipment and had nothing to show me.

So... to be honest... I had never heard of Kubota before TBN

I also took a trip to Noble Ford in San Jose... and old time Ford Tractor Dealer that is no longer in business... the owner kept telling me I needed a gear tractor and had priced my about 25k out the door with backhoe and box blade...

Started doing research and found TBN and learned about the BX22 TLB that was exactly what I had in mind and about 10k less then Ford quote... I decided to purchase and that was when the BX23 had just come out and it has been great in every way...

Last edited:
   / How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #8  
TBN was the major resource in my research and decision to purchase my Kioti. Kioti is not well know in Western Canada and I was concerned about support. That concern was lessened when I found about the Bobcat/Daedong relationship(on TBN) which gave me an alternative source for support should the new Kioti dealership in my area not work out.

Of course the other concerns were value, reliability and performance and TBN was great for addressing those.

Without TBN I would have ended up purchasing a different brand, and I'm sure that would have worked out well too.

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #9  
Quite a bit of influence, I had already purchased the last tractor a Kubota before joining, but the Kioti was definitely influenced by what I learned here.

James K0UA

/ How big a role did TBN play in your last tractor, attachment, or equipment purchase? #10  
I need to add that I have also considered Mahindra after contacting member Dave with my needs at another location...

Right now the tractor stable includes: Caterpillar D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23, Craftsman Mower...

I also bought my first of two Stihl chain saws after reading TBN comments.