Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225

/ Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225 #1  

joshuabardwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
I got a quote today on a Bobcat CT225 with loader. I'm having trouble figuring out what's an appropriate comparison in other major lines. The salesperson said that it was a fair comparison to the Kubota Grand L series, but I think he may have been being a little more charitable than I'm inclined to be. Obviously, a straight HP comparison is meaningless. I know the Bobcat tends to outweigh comparable tractors by 500-1000 lbs or so. What is a good comparison to that tractor in other lines--say, Deere, Kubota, Massey? (Those are the dealers that are nearby to me.) Also, what kind of things would factor into the comparison. It seems like it's not really as straightforward as just looking at the stats (HP, PTO HP, lift capacity, etc...).

Also: the quote was $19,257, which the sales guy claimed was 8% off list, leaving 2% markup for them--but I've seen on here that 12% markdown is pretty standard. Does that seem like a fair price? I do like a lot of things about the Bobcat (telescoping link arms, for example, and the dealer is the closest to me), but at the same time, Bobcat is much less popular around here in compact tractors, and I kind of walked into the dealer expecting to see a discount compared to Big Orange and Big Green.

Thanks.

/ Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225 #2  
   / Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225 #3  
you can get into a New HOlland Boomer 30, which is 28hp, and a 4 cylinder motor, they have the extendable 3 point links, and telescoping ends, 5 year warranties, all quick attach loader, tilt steering, suspension seat, the tractor by itself weighs over 3000#, electro hydraulic pto, just to name a few things.....price should be $1200 less just off the top of my head.......fyi

/ Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225
you can get into a New HOlland Boomer 30, which is 28hp, and a 4 cylinder motor, they have the extendable 3 point links, and telescoping ends, 5 year warranties, all quick attach loader, tilt steering, suspension seat, the tractor by itself weighs over 3000#, electro hydraulic pto, just to name a few things.....price should be $1200 less just off the top of my head.......fyi

I appreciate the response. The nearest New Holland dealer is 70 minutes away from me, so I haven't really seriously considered them. Compare to about 40 minutes for Deere and Kubota (practically next door) and about 25 minutes for Bobcat. It does look like the Boomer compares very favorably to the Bobcat. Thanks again.

/ Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225 #5  
For that price you might be able to get into a Massey 1533 which would be a little larger than the Bobcat with higher lift capacity on the FEL (1314 lbs vs 1108 lbs)

/ Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225 #6  
Price is high. I think the going price for the CT225 with loader should be around $17K or even less. Comparison tractors:

Kioti CK27, Mccormick ??? (Kioti and mccormick are the exact same tractor with different loaders), JD 2520, Kubota B2920, Mahindra MaxXL 28, MF 1500 series.

/ Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225 #7  
Another tractor that you might want to look at is a Yanmar, great tractors, they used to make complete tractors for Deere, now they make the engines for Deere's CUT's.

/ Help comparison-shopping against Bobcat CT225 #8  
Discount depends on if it is cash sale or company financed. If financing through the dealer, the dealer and manufature (bobcat) have to buy down the intrest rate. If get you own financing it would be treated as a cash sale with more discount plus the loader would be @ no charge.