Default Re: 1 tractor for everything

Welcome to the forums from Oklahoma.

Ken
    Massey Ferguson 230
    Mitsubishi D2000

Tractor
    looking for JD

Quote Originally Posted by CAgnoli
    You certainly can't go wrong buying a John Deere. The 1026R is a very nice looking and capable machine. For a two acre property with the tasks you describe, I think it's an excellent fit. Now go to a John Deere dealership and test drive one to make sure that it fits you, that your comfortable operating it, and that you can easily change the implements. If you can answer all three of those questions with a yes......say goodbye to some cash, and take it home.

BUT, I also recommend you take a look at some other manufacturer's in your area, just to make sure that this large purchase is better researched than a simple post on an Internet Forum

kubota, Mahindra, John Deere, and even Cub Cadet with they Yanmar engines seem like brands you should be looking at if you have a local dealer.

Have fun tractor shopping...it's a sickness.
    I test drove a 1026R and the similar Kubota tractor. I really like the deere so now I can't wait to get one. The wife says I have to pay cash for it as well.

Tractor
    None

Welcome to TBN

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum.
    Briana
    TBN Support

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH TN70D, NH L190

I don't think any one tractor will do it all. If the 1026R will do most of what you want it to do, there is always a rental yard that will rent you what you need for that odd job.

Tim

I don't want this to turn into a bash fest, not why I am posting, but I have a question. I see everyone recommends the 1000 series John Deere, but I gotta say, I'm kinda scared of them now. Every compact tractor forum I go on all I see is threads about all the problems with them? Are they really that bad?
    Stuff like poor fit between the rops and rear fenders, poor fitting and broken loader stands, the auto connect decks needing lots of setup work to get them to work properly, and the list goes on and on. What is going on with these things?
    They are a very nice featured tractor, but what's up with all the problems?

Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

Welcome to TBN,
    I think the 1026R is an excellent choice for most home owner. I got mine 3 weeks ago and I love it. I have had the opportunity to run many different machine over the years working for a dealer and I find the most important thing to me is the availability of parts. For some companies that can be hard to come by, but you can always find a Deers dealer. As for performance the 1026R has truthfully pass my exception with lift capabilities, turn radius, and over comfort. Good luck with your decision

Tractor
    Kubota BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch

I bought a kubota BX25 in February and seriously considered a 1026R. If I didn't want a backhoe I would have probably got one. Why I went with the BX25 is because the quick connect mower, backhoe, etc was extra cost on the 1026 R and I don't care for plastic hoods etc. The Kubota was less than a comparable 1026R. The JD has more features and is worth the extra bucks, but I didn't need that stuff. I am constantly amazed at the power of these little tractors and what they are capable of. Look at them all, do your online research, decide what you want to do with the machine. I have 2 acres and am thrilled with my purchase. Don' be swayed by a sales pitch, check out all models you are considering. You will know down deep what you really want when it comes to decision time. You will know which dealer you like and will be willing to spend a little extra for superior support and convenience. It's a fun thing to buy a tractor. Write down why you are leaning towards a particular model and why you are less inclined to another. It's easy to forget important reasons in the heat of the moment while talking to a sales person. New paint, salesman, and beautiful machines in a showroom can fog your months of research a bit. Don't make a decision immediately, ever! Go home, sleep on it. When they ask you how many places you have been to so far, be vague. Say I' m comparing and checking out numerous manufacturers and options. If they offer a good deal they will honor it a week later too, so no rush.
    I'm doing things in hours that would have normally taken days at my age. If I could have afforded it I would have bought a tractor years ago. Enjoy, the fun is just starting!
    BX25, "60" MMM, 3 point hitch, Brinly 12" cat 0 1 bottom plow, TSC Countyline carry all, Kubota ballast box, 4X4 Loyal drag harrow, BXpanded Piranha tooth bar, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, Bro-Tek wheel spacers, Bro-Tek backhoe ripper tooth. Kubota BX2763A front plow, Phoenix T4 48" rototiller, Harbor Freight Quick Hitch, BXpanded Quick-on Work light Kit, Mark Hodge stabilizers.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

Quote Originally Posted by sjhoff View Post
    Looking into buying my first compact utility tractor. Maybe a JD 1026R?
    Green is good and great tractors, but why limit yourself to just green? kubota and Kioti have some great scuts along with New Holland. What I'm saying is go look sit, evaluate by viewing and doing not just by the name. Good Luck.
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

Make sure to operate all of them. My 1026r fit best and that's what made me like it most. I hate kubotas high loader lever. Its too far forward to sit on it all day without cramping. I also prefer two side by side hydro pedals as found on the gc series but its steering wheel hit my knees!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast