1 tractor for everything

/ 1 tractor for everything #21  
I started looking at the 1026r as well. The one series tractors seem pretty nice. I was talking to my dealer and he said go with the 1023e. He also said if I was going to spend the extra money on the 1026r I should just jump to the 2320. The are very close in price... I drove the 2320 and it's a nice machine. Make sure to check that one out. I finally settled for a 3320 as I have 20 acres. Good luck!!

/ 1 tractor for everything #22  
I started looking at the 1026r as well. The one series tractors seem pretty nice. I was talking to my dealer and he said go with the 1023e. He also said if I was going to spend the extra money on the 1026r I should just jump to the 2320. The are very close in price... I drove the 2320 and it's a nice machine. Make sure to check that one out. I finally settled for a 3320 as I have 20 acres. Good luck!!

From the sound of this the dealer was trying to sell you what he needed to turn over. Glad you didn't get a 1023e for twenty acres.

I do my research as best I can and see the dealer about pricing of my short list and ordering.

/ 1 tractor for everything #23  
Also suggest looking at as many models and makers as one can. I especially like the Mahindra MAX28XL, Kioti CK20, Bobcat CT122, Tym T273, and bota b-series. I'd also consider LS as well.

I do agree with the dealer that said the 2320 might be a better choice than the 1026r. But, right now, if I were buying in this size, the Mahindra would get a lot of attention.

/ 1 tractor for everything #24  
1 for everything is hard, unless all your tasks are similar.

/ 1 tractor for everything #25  
One thing no one else here has mentioned: check with other tractor owners on service! Unless you can do most of the work yourself, you're going to depend on a dealer to do the service work for you and you need a dealer who is responsive to your needs.
That can make a difference in what tractor you're ultimately happy with. A good tractor, but a dealer who doesn't take care of you equals an unhappy owner who can't get his tasks accomplished.
Shop wisely and have fun with your toy...I mean tool.

Last edited:
   / 1 tractor for everything #26  
yep.. dealer is a big part of the equation. better than saving a couple bucks or a couple more mile drive is to have a better dealer..

/ 1 tractor for everything #27  
Also wanted one tractor for everything. Bought a John Deere 1026r. Couldn't be happier. Never owned a John Deere tractor even though I'm a retired farmer and did own other John Deere equipment. I can't think of one thing I would change. However, I did add a spinner to the steering wheel. It turns
really short, so that makes it easier. The Auto-Connect is unbelievable. I have the 60" deck and H120 loader very nice for anything I want to do with a large garden, 2-3 acre lawn, and small orchard.

/ 1 tractor for everything #28  
I don't want this to turn into a bash fest, not why I am posting, but I have a question. I see everyone recommends the 1000 series John Deere, but I gotta say, I'm kinda scared of them now. Every compact tractor forum I go on all I see is threads about all the problems with them? Are they really that bad?
Stuff like poor fit between the rops and rear fenders, poor fitting and broken loader stands, the auto connect decks needing lots of setup work to get them to work properly, and the list goes on and on. What is going on with these things?
They are a very nice featured tractor, but what's up with all the problems?
I think you read about complaints because folks log in to fix a problem, not praise there tractor. I would assume that 90% of satisfied owners don't come to a forum.

/ 1 tractor for everything #29  
Cartod,

I couldn't agree more. In the wake of all the one series mower complaint threads, I started a thread about how happy I am with mine. It didn't set too well with some, being that they may think if their tractor has a problem, it's their mission to slam it as hard as they can. Maybe they just want to complain, maybe they feel they deserve a bunch of free stuff, or maybe they would be happier with a different machine. The forums give us a great tool to research the units before we buy them, but it is also our responsibility to not fly off the handle with the first bit of friction.

http://www.****************.com/for...hing-but-bliss-first-time-mmmowing-1026r.html