1 tractor for everything

/ 1 tractor for everything #1  

sjhoff

Tractor
looking for JD
Looking into buying my first compact utility tractor. Maybe a JD 1026R?

/ 1 tractor for everything #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ 1 tractor for everything #3  
:welcome:

I don't have one, but they seem to be getting mostly good reviews. We really need to know your needs/wants as far your property goes to give you good advice, i.e. acreage, terrain, plant coverage, chores you intend to do, etc. Most everyone on this board will say the same. Hey though, you came to the right place for solid advice!

PH

/ 1 tractor for everything #5  
Welcome to TBN from Missouri. There are several 1026R owners on the John Deere forum. They sure do look like good tractors.

/ 1 tractor for everything #6  
Welcome to TBN! You will find lots of good reading and information here.

/ 1 tractor for everything
PossumHound said:
:welcome:

I don't have one, but they seem to be getting mostly good reviews. We really need to know your needs/wants as far your property goes to give you good advice, i.e. acreage, terrain, plant coverage, chores you intend to do, etc. Most everyone on this board will say the same. Hey though, you came to the right place for solid advice!

PH

I live on a couple acres. I would use the tractor for mowing, snow removal, landscaping work, etc.

/ 1 tractor for everything #9  
You certainly can't go wrong buying a John Deere. The 1026R is a very nice looking and capable machine. For a two acre property with the tasks you describe, I think it's an excellent fit. Now go to a John Deere dealership and test drive one to make sure that it fits you, that your comfortable operating it, and that you can easily change the implements. If you can answer all three of those questions with a yes......say goodbye to some cash, and take it home.

BUT, I also recommend you take a look at some other manufacturer's in your area, just to make sure that this large purchase is better researched than a simple post on an Internet Forum :)

Kubota, Mahindra, John Deere, and even Cub Cadet with they Yanmar engines seem like brands you should be looking at if you have a local dealer.

Have fun tractor shopping...it's a sickness.