Buying Advice Bobcat advice

/ Bobcat advice #1  

Lebneh

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I am might be buying a used T300 I believe it is an 03. I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys can offer.

I am most interested in things I should be looking at... Rust?, certain parts of the tracks?, whatever you can think of. I don't have any mechanic friends that will go with me so any specific things you can mention would be great.

General advice or specific tips any/all would be great!

/ Bobcat advice #2  
If the tank hasn't been kept full..........the 'fuel pick-up hose' will break off.

Pain in the butt to fix, but minor considering other things that can happen.

/ Bobcat advice #3  
How many hours on the machine? How many hours on the under carriage rebuild? Also How many hours on the drive motors and the primary pump? Then you just have general maintenance. I just recently purchased a 2003 t250, the one drive motor and primary pump has been replaced. The engine has 2600 hours on it. Has a fully enclosed cab.

I would look to see if the sprockets and the boogie wheels are in good shape. These compact track machines are maintenance intensive. Every 100 hours need to grease and change the oils and that out in them. FYI undercarriage is 6000 bucks to replace it.

/ Bobcat advice #4  
I am might be buying a used T300 I believe it is an 03. I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys can offer.

I am most interested in things I should be looking at... Rust?, certain parts of the tracks?, whatever you can think of. I don't have any mechanic friends that will go with me so any specific things you can mention would be great.

General advice or specific tips any/all would be great!

I have just joined .... I have a few questions about T300,s as well . I will let you in on my issues lol . I purchases an 08 T300 last year 1600hrs was a great machine ... love it worked great ... at 1785hrs I spun a bearing and replaced the Kubota motor $8600.00 now it runs good and everyone i spoke to said that was very rare even our Bobcat Dealer felt the same way . Now it's giving me a code for the acs and the more I google this it sounds like the actuators are a problem . I also think the sprokets might do 2500 hrs and then a change other than that its great.

Another thing you could look for if you lift the cab and look inside check for mud and dirt build up .... I had lots
All in all I believe these are normally good machines ...just a run of bad luck for me ...
Anyone else ever have acs codes or actuator problems?