Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #31  
I find that there are many differences in the quality of equipment including tractors. Some are built to last many years and hours of operation with little or no issues.

On the other side there are manufactures that build for less hours and of coarse more repairs.

What I often find is that those that are so proud of there product you won't find someone elses name on only the manufacturers are prouder of their work and often build a superior product.

which is exactly why I use only Stihl stuff.. Looked at some husqavarna stuff then seen the exact same thing in the poulan brand just a different color.. after seeing that I'll never own a husky product.. John deere does that with tractors..My 870 looks really similar to a cub cadet ex450 but the attachments are WAAAY better than the cub cadets.I think this is were the JD shines

Plus no one can deny that green paint looks way better than that ugly white and yellow... cub cadet owners start the hate mail

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #32  
Ex450-Right-InStudio.jpg

167586510_06_conew1.jpg

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #33  
woodlandfarms said:
So guys, what about Power-Trac. Designed and built in Tazwell, Tenessee. Maybe the only small tractor made in the US any more?

But at the end of the day the engine is a Deutz (near as I can tell German manufacture only, no US Manufacture) and the pumps and motors are probably Sauer Danfoss which again I think is German.

But, the parts are purchased from local distributors.

Carl

Tazewell, VIRGINIA

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #35  
which is exactly why I use only Stihl stuff.. Looked at some husqavarna stuff then seen the exact same thing in the poulan brand just a different color.. after seeing that I'll never own a husky product.. John deere does that with tractors..My 870 looks really similar to a cub cadet ex450 but the attachments are WAAAY better than the cub cadets.I think this is were the JD shines

Plus no one can deny that green paint looks way better than that ugly white and yellow... cub cadet owners start the hate mail

That was jd's choice to stop that relationship. When they can get the engines to pass emmisions they will no longer be using Yanmars engines.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #36  
the confusion here has been that manufacturers websites are not always 100% truthful when they make that statement. Too often a guy tightening 24 lug nuts becomes "made in the USA" after the marketing dept gets ahold of it. Ya gotta read between the lines.

Read between what lines? You love to jump on the JD bashing wagon.

Once again, completely incorrect - in regards to the 1 Series, 3E Series and 3x20 Series the ONLY thing that is Yanmar is the engine. Period.

Yes, the 2x20 Series, 3005/4005 are Yanmar tractors with items bolted on here in the States.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #37  
Who made the engine bearings and the rest of the parts? Almost impossible for manufacturers to keep track. Even the definition, if you can find one, of Made in America blurs. Where are the minerals mined and the oil drilled for your machine? Percentage by weight or value or whatever.

If I have a choice, I will buy American and readily pay a premium. There was a CNBC (I think) story on Apple and how it would be astonishingly expensive with nearly impossible logistics to make its electronics in the USA even if it wanted to spend it's cash horde on the effort.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #38  
It has gotten to the point that it is nearly impossible to build anything totally in the USA. All or nearly all of our foundries have shut down, steel mills mostly gone. If we were to be cut off from importing, it might be years before we could get back to actually making a product for ourselves even if we had the desire. We spend billions upgrading Japans factories after WWII to latest technology with taxpayer dollars while our on mills labored away with 1800-1900 technology which eventually go so expensive to maintain that they just closed the doors as we could import from Japan cheaper.

While I would like to say that I support USA manufacturing, sadly there just isnt that much around and I refuse to live with only the products made here. I like my TV, computers, electric motors for HVAC, light bulbs, automobiles and other 21st century technology that you want have if you only buy USA.
It is the same issue where ever you are. I have 2 GM automobiles, one I bought in Canada which was made in the States and one I bought in Houston Texas that was imported from Canada, what give with that.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #39  
Gary makes some good points and there isn't much made in the US anymore. I would definately prefer that the US as a whole would increase manufacturing and industry for our own self protection and defense.