Kubota M8540 DTC-1

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1 #1  

wldlife23

Tractor
Kubota 8540
Hello Everyone... I am in the process of buying a tractor....and I have narrowed it down to the Kubota M8540....and they have the DTC-1 model? What do you all think about this tractor.... does anyone have one that can share their experiences with it. I mostly want it to bale hay...round and square bales... and mow with the shredder a little bit if a job comes out

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1 #2  
I run the 9540. Get the cast iron rear wheel weights, they will let you run the loader pretty heavy without a rear attachment. If you run a grapple the third function is a plus. It should do everything you are asking. If you are baling rounds watch your HP requirements. I am running a Vermeer 604M and while it does spin it is definitely a full load.

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1 #3  
We have an M8540HDC set up pretty much like you want and have been very happy with ours.

Our Case went toes up once too often and we needed a replacement ASAP or would have ordered one with cast centers and air ride seat, but it has performed well as it is. We have cast centers on our MF375 and they sure help on that tractor especially with heavy pulling.

I sent you a PM on price.

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1 #4  
I'd get the HDC over the DTC. Its a hydraulic shuttle which is really almost expected in that size tractor.

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1 #5  
Is it a new unit ?
Unless your in a hurry I would order it exactly the way you want it.
I love mine even though I had some problems in the beginning.

E/S

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1
Well all your advice was surely appreciated...but after looking at my options... I went with the M8540DTC1... Thanks Guys..

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1 #7  
When will it be delivered; would love to see some pictures.

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1
It arrived home yesterday....I started shredding as soon as I connected the shredder. I will post pictures of it as soon as I can. It is a beauty at least in my eyes.

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1
what size offset disk can this tractor handle..... I am in the market for a disk and would like to get feedback from people that own one. What size disk do you all use?

/ Kubota M8540 DTC-1 #10  
If you can find a decent one, a 12' disc will do well depending on how much land you are working.