Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off?

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #1  

jacobsdaddy06

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF1240
Ok for all those who cut hay, and brushhog, please comment on whether you leave bucket on or off when your mowing? Any pros and cons. (fuel consumption. etc..) Thanks

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #2  
Bucket off. I cut, rake and bale at night a lot and the bucket blocks my lights and vision.

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #3  
I prefer bucket off if at my place, easier to cut close to the fences and turn around in the tight spots.

If (rarely) I'm cutting something unknown I like to leave it on so I can push crap out of the way I might find (logs, engine blocks, you know that fun stuff hiding in the grass).

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #4  
When I am done with the FEL I usually remove it but if it's mounted on the tractor and I need to mow the bucket comes off every time. I can easily feel the difference without that weight mounted far forward.

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #5  
Normally with it off, but in unknown brush I keep the bucket low & go slow. If I hit a stump, the little 790 w/R4's will spin before it tears something up! ~~ grnspot

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #6  
Good Afternoon jacopsdaddy06,
I allways said after I got a QA and new 6 ft bucket that I would take it off while doing the bush hoggin chores...

But I have had the new QA and bucket for a year and a half allready, and I still usually leave it on. It can be a bit of an obstruction at times, but its not bad... ;):)

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #7  
I wouldn't go through the PITA to take mine off, I just "hog" away.

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #8  
I wouldn't go through the PITA to take mine off, I just "hog" away.

I have had enough practice with R&R my loader it takes less than 5 min each way. And the bucket comes off the loader in 30 seconds.

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #9  
Sometimes on and sometimes off.

/ Poll..... Mow with bucket on or off? #10  
Mostly on, you never know when you'll find something you need to move.....