Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #1  

RRX

Tractor
Kubota L3200 HST
K dealer quotes 17.4K plus tax for the L3200 HST

JD dealer quotes 17.3K plus tax for the 3032E, but includes Frontier RC2060 rotary cutter

These seem to be the going rate. Are there better deals to be had? Which is the better tractor between these 2?

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #2  

JD dealer quotes 17.3K plus tax for the 3032E, but includes Frontier RC2060 rotary cutter

These seem to be the going rate. Are there better deals to be had? Which is the better tractor between these 2?

Have you checked out the Kioti CK30 or CK35? Lots more features than either. If I was choosing between the orange and the green I would choose the orange. YMMV.

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #3  
Look at the Grand L, L3240 or the L3540 more features then green and the other orange Kioti. HST-3 , Stall Guard, think like comparing a Cadillac vs a Chevy. just to name a few.
DevilDog

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #4  
^ dude, a grand L is going to add, what, at least $5k to the prices he quoted above?

I checked out both tractors you are comparing before I found something used that better fit my budget. The Kubota L series just seemed so much more solid than the little (narrow!) JD 3032.

I think Kioti stopped selling the DK35 or I might advise you to look into that model, too. But the CK series is still a great tractor.

Should also add - the Bobcat CUTs are basically the same as the Kioti CK line, and I have heard of some amazing deals on those. If you have a dealer nearby, check one out.

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #5  

Before you buy check out the Yanmar EX3200. I bought one two weeks ago and it is a very well built tractor and cost a heck of a lot less than the Kubota and JD I was looking at of the same horsepower. Plus, it comes with a 5 year drive train warranty which can be handy if need be.

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #6  
The L3200 will be More Tractor than the 3032E... I'd go orange!

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #7  
Went through the same thing a few months ago and ended up with the L3200HST. A few key points that swayed our decision:
1. Kubota 3spd HST vs 2spd on the Deere
2. The Kubota loader easily detaches where as I think on the Deere you have to buy another kit or something.
3. The Kubota seemed to be better built. That is what Kubota does - they design/build tractors where as the Deere is farmed out to a third party.

Just what I saw and based my decision on.

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #8  
Have you checked out the Kioti CK30 or CK35? Lots more features than either. If I was choosing between the orange and the green I would choose the orange. YMMV.

James K0UA

I am looking into getting my first tractor too and for some odd reason always thought it has to be green (my brother was a farmer and they had only greens, I still tease him about this today).

I checked JDs through flyers and online only and they don't any longer appeal to me too much.

Check these vids on youtube where they compare
1) the JD 3038E with the Kubota L3200/3800
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTidbgJOU-I]New Kubota Standard L-Series (L3200/L3800) - YouTube[/ame]
2) the JD 3038E with the Kubota B3300su
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SvlIPjFm-E]Kubota B3300SU vs John Deere 3032E - YouTube[/ame]

If size matters, you might even want to look at the B3200 or B3300su.

Me too, I'd go for orange.

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #9  

James K0UA

... and yes, I have read in several posts from James his references to the Kioti CK Series (thank you). I have done my 'Due Diligence' and went to look at the CK35 specifically (which compares to the L3200). It is a fine machine no doubt and has a few features that the L3200 lacks.
Personally I just find the L3200 more appealing - besides the fact that I get a bit a sweater deal for the L3200 (I'm talking Canada).
So at the moment I lean towards a Kubota L-Series tractor; just not sure yet if it's worth to go to the L3800 for only 1500 Canuck bucks more.

PS: the Kioti DKSEs and Kubota Grand-Ls are really good tractors too. It is just the size that keeps me from going this route.

/ Kubota L3200 HST or John Deere 3032E #10  
So at the moment I lean towards a Kubota L-Series tractor; just not sure yet if it's worth to go to the L3800 for only 1500 Canuck bucks more.

I would think most people would tell you, yes, it is! But what are your plans for the tractor? The extra gross and PTO horsepower of the 3800 means an extra foot of implement width capability (for many things, not all). Basically it allows for larger implements that better match the frame size of the tractor.

PS: the Kioti DKSEs and Kubota Grand-Ls are really good tractors too. It is just the size that keeps me from going this route.

Fair enough, but again, what are you plans? The DK tractors are still very maneuverable, from what I could tell. And it's the size (weight) that really makes them such powerful machines.