Buying Advice Net wrap worth it?

/ Net wrap worth it? #1  

Brad Daniel

Tractor
Jd 5520 kubota m9000
Have a 2001 John deere 457 megawide with 1600 bales on it and I'm thinking about adding net wrap, I only bale about 350 bales a year. I called the dealer and they said to add net wrap an them install it would be right at $6,000 do you think it is worth it?

/ Net wrap worth it? #2  
Depends on how many bales you produce. From a buyer's perspective I prefer net wrap. Can it pay for itself in a reasonable time frame.

/ Net wrap worth it? #3  
personally i would not add netwrap to a 11yr old baler.if you really want netwrap you be better off trading your baler an that $6000 on a baler with netwrap.but you need to try out a net wrap baler an see if you like it.

/ Net wrap worth it? #4  
We hate dealing with the wrap when feeding in the winter, so we spent $3000 for a new 22 x 72 ft hay storage shed on the side of our barn. Ken Sweet

/ Net wrap worth it? #5  
I work with my cousin who farms on one side of me and my brother-in-law / nephew who farm on the other side. Cousin has a John Deere and uses net wrap. BIL has a couple New Hollands, no net wrap. We don't see much difference in spoilage but my BIL definitely rolls his bales tighter and that may make a difference too. I have no problem spearing my cousin's bales but need to have good momentum when I spear my BIL's bales or I push them along. The net wrap is a pain. No matter what we end up with some in trees, some carried around by deer who get it stuck in their antlers, wrapped in my rotary cutter, etc. in addition the net wrap mechanism has not been trouble free. The net wrapped bales sure are good looking though if beauty counts.