Comparison Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST

/ Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST #1  

madmax12

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max28XL HST
The LS includes the SSQA bucket system. As of now, the 33hp LS is $700 more than the Max 28, between the two dealers. To add the SSQA to the Max, drives the Max to $300 more than the LS. The LS has 5 more HP, 4 more Pto HP, and lifts 200 lbs more at loader pins.

Any insight, greatly appreciated.

/ Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST #2  
The LS includes the SSQA bucket system. As of now, the 33hp LS is $700 more than the Max 28, between the two dealers. To add the SSQA to the Max, drives the Max to $300 more than the LS. The LS has 5 more HP, 4 more Pto HP, and lifts 200 lbs more at loader pins.

Any insight, greatly appreciated.

Is the G3033 all metal? They have extremely aggressive pricing it seems. Are your numbers coming from a quote at Tripp's or MSRP?

/ Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST
1st quotes, both places. Give each the chance to change #. The LS G3033 is all metal, I believe. The 27 HP is not in the running, due to quality... But was $2000 less than the Max 28.

/ Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST #4  
1st quotes, both places. Give each the chance to change #. The LS G3033 is all metal, I believe. The 27 HP is not in the running, due to quality... But was $2000 less than the Max 28.

What quality issues were there with the 27hp model LS? I like the Quick release bucket as Standard. What are the aluminum things on the right loader arm looking from the tractor seat on the LS?

27 HP was plastic, and uncomfortable. Banana pedal for HST was just wrong for me. Loader and bucket much easier to remove, though.

33 HP has QA loader handles, and QA bucket system... I think that's what u see.

/ Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST #6  
you may want to check the LS forum down below (way down the list) as I think there have been several G3033 sales there recently. You may get some good insight on the final cost from other dealers. I recently got a price for one with FEL and backhoe for $25K and change which was about the same as a Kioti CK20 TLB. I dont recall the price of the base tractor.

/ Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST #7  
33 HP has QA loader handles, and QA bucket system... I think that's what u see.

It takes me less than 5 minutes to remove the loader from the wheelchair, and the only reason it takes me so long is I have trouble getting to the lower hydro lines, otherwise it would take half that time. The bucket does not have quick release on the MAX 22, but since I don't have forks and don't really have a use for the (at least for now) that was a non-issue for me.

Thanks Gary and Kootch88

I'll look over the LS forum some more.

The QA is not a deal breaker for me... it's how it reflects on the price of the tractor. To fairly compare the two units is difficult, because the Max 28 has 5 less hp, lifts 200 lbs less, and does not have the QA system... yet it is "expensive."

/ Max28XL HST vs LS G3033 HST #9  
Mike, compare a Kubota of similar ability and then tell me the MAX is expensive!! Or better yet, a Deere. I still really like both the green or Orange, but price was a consideration, as it obviously is with you. Can't blame you.

Can't argue that point, I agree.

I'm very impressed with the MAX series. I may own one soon :thumbsup:

Just working through all the details... want to make best choice